dynamicnu... 4

dynamicnurse

Member since:30.07.2007

Debenhams blue cross sale!

26.11.2010

Advantages:
Good quality goods .

Disadvantages:
High prices .

Layout & presentation

Selection & range

In store customer service

Staff knowledge

Waiting / queues

City / Branch addressPlymouth.

Frequency of visitSeveral times a year

PriceReasonable

Value for moneyGood

AvailabilityGoods are nearly always in stock

QualityGood

3. CGholy
  1. jesi
  2. Hishyeness
  3. catsholiday

I would just like to write a review on Debenhams, which is a department store that many of us at least know of or have heard of and have been in to. I am writing this solely based on my own experiences of frequenting my Plymouth store, as I haven't really been in to many of the others.

This shop sells mens clothes; womens clothes; childrens clothes; perfumes and other such smelly stuff; houseware and kitchenware, and it also has a number of concessions in it such as computer games shops/ sportswear/ bikes and so on. Also in this particular branch is a restaurant on the top floor that has some views out over the city, and a smaller coffe shop on the ground floor for ease of use.

In the menswear department, unlike other shops where you would find things such as tops in the same place; jeans/ trousers in the same place, and so on - here, they have brand names together. So you will find everything by Jasper Conran in one place (tops/ trousers/ etc); things by John Rocha in one place (tops/ trousers/ etc), and so on. But with the exception of shoes or underwear, which are all grouped together in the same one place. I think that is also the same elsewhere in the shop, although of course I have never had any need to use the other departments!

Price wise, I don't really buy very much in here because their prices are quite high in comparison to other places. But with this said however, you do get what you are paying for because the quality of their goods is actually in fact in many ways reflected in what they charge. However with this said, they do put on quite a number of sales now throughout the year and so if you get in at the right time then you can very often get something at less than half the price! Or do what I do, and get my mate who works to buy it for me with her staff discount and then I pay her what she paid (plus a bottle of wine)! Oh, and you do also have to pay the pricely sum of five pence for a carrier bag!

They also do their own version of a credit card, but as I have never used it then I cannot really comment on it but the facility is there should you wish to have it.

Staffing wise, there is 99% of the time somebody there to help you if you need it. Should you feel the need to take advantage of it, then they do also have in some stores a personal shopper service. They also are one of those shops that recognises the more busier times, and so therefore they put more staff on the tills during those times.

I have only ever had to take something back once, but that was only because I mistakenly picked up the wrong size of jeans and didn't realise until I got home! They let me do a direct swap for the correct size of jeans, but they also would have given me the money back if I wanted them to. Unlike many shops, you can take things back at any till point.

All in all, I find this a pleasant shopping experience and so therefore I urge you to at least try it. Of course this is a busy time of year, but all the same - try it!

Coloneljohn 05.12.2010 12:35

Well reviewed. John

jesi 01.12.2010 11:40

I believe the reason for everything by a particular 'designer' or 'perfumery' or 'cosmetics brand' being grouped in its own section is because they are all like 'concessions' within the store . . . (and perhaps you could explain your title within the review?) . . . our 'local' Debenhams has a cafe with internet access just by the main entrance into the Shopping Centre (in the next town, about 7 miles away) . . . &#9829 jesi &#9829

reddanni 30.11.2010 11:34

I like this shop but don't have one near me,shame. good review.