Decleor Aromessence Marjolaine Nourishing Oil Serum

Review of "Decleor Aromessence Marjolaine Nourishing Oil Serum"

published 18/09/2016 | sellerleygirl
Member since : 15/02/2015
I just got in trouble for sticking a piece of paper with my name on the TV while watching a film!!!!!
Pro Working wonders on my saggy old face!!
Cons Would prefer a dropper bottle
How easily is it absorbed?

"A rejuvenating serum? I can but hope!"

Decleor Aromessence Marjolaine Nourishing Oil Serum

: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -: ¦: -AROMESSENCE MARJOLAINE NOURISHING OIL SERUM: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -:¦:-

: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -: ¦: -INTRODUCTION: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -:¦:-

My youngest daughter is in a Beauty Box Club and every 3 months she receives a box of samples of make-up, body, hair and /or skin care.
In her last box she received a 5ml bottle of Decleor Aromessence Marjolaine Nourishing Oil Serum, which she was kind enough to give to me – what is she saying about my poor old face!!!!!

: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -: ¦: -THE PRODUCT: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -:¦:-

MANUFACTURER’S DESCRIPTION

“Decleor Aromessence Marjolaine Nourishing Oil Serum is a high performance product that offers the skin instant and intense nourishment.”

• Instantly and intensely nourishes.
• Soothes inflammation.
• Brightens dull complexions.
• Soothes dry, dehydrated skin.
• Promotes elasticity and firmness
MY DESCRIPTION

The serum I have is a 5ml sample and just comes in a small plain plastic bottle with a white screw lid. However, the serum is sold in a 50ml saloon size bottle and – the most common – a 15ml bottle.
I have put a stock photo on of this 15ml bottle and box. The box is golden in colour and the bottle looks a nice classic shape with a gold lid.
However, the serum in my very plain and small bottle is exactly the same as in the classier looking receptacle– that is a 100% natural and preservative-free golden coloured oil serum. The serum contains essential oils of Myrrh, Lavender and Marjoram to help moisturise the skin, Cranberry and Argan Oils which are added to strengthen, enrich and protect the skin and Babassu and Avocado Oils to regenerate the skin.

INGREDIENTS

The list of ingredients reads rather like a chemistry lesson for me, however, I know that some people have to be very careful about what they put on their skin so this is a complete list of the ingredients in this serum:

• Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil,
• Tocopherol
• Glycine
• Soja (Soybean) Oil
• Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil
• Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract.

KEY INGREDIENTS AND USES

• Jojoba, Avocado & Sunflower Oils - Effective blend; rich in essential fatty acids, promotes firmness and elasticity.
• Orange Peel & Lavender Oils - Soothe inflammation.
• Cranberry Oil & Vitamin E - Provide intensive antioxidant protection

: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -: ¦: -HOW TO USE: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -:¦:-

1. Cleanse and tone skin; warm two drops of serum in the palm.
2. Apply be gently stroking over face and neck.
3. Use each morning.

: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -: ¦: -MY EXPERIENCES: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -:¦:-

My poor old face has had to endure almost 65 years of exposure to wind and sun and life has thrown plenty of experiences – both bad and good at it – which have all taken their toll. It is probably only now, that I am in the autumn of my life, I can understand how important skincare is, and how I should have taken a little more care of my one and only face and skin. Trowel loads of make-up would be needed to rectify my past skincare mistakes – in fact it would take a DIY SOS team to get it to a decent condition; therefore, a couple of years ago I decided that I would start to take a lot more care of the old mug (a bit late I know – but better late than never!!)
However, I’ve not really had that much experience of serums until now.

My first time using the serum I was pretty unsure that the two drops advocated to use was going to be enough for my wrinkled old fisog; however, following the instructions on the leaflet I put the two drops in my hand and “inhaled the refreshing aroma”, I then applied it with my fingertips to face and neck and I was very surprised that 2 drops really did spread into the whole of my face and neck. The instructions said to use every morning but for the first week I thought that I’d give my skin a good boost and I applied the serum both morning and night.
I have to say I loved it, I loved the spa like aroma, the silky feel of the oil but mainly the way that my skin really did feel softer after using it. My 'older' skin must really appreciate all these special oils that make up this serum as it certainly seemed to benefit from me using it. My only negative is that as it is expensive, and as you need so little, the bottle would benefit from being a dropper bottle, as you do have to be careful when pouring it.
After using the serum (now just of a morning) my skin is softer and does feel subtler and I swear I have less life lines on my face!!
Now I know that I am just a couple of months off being 65 and I’m not saying that using this serum makes me only look 40, but I would say that it really does seem to be allowing me to grow old gracefully (or not!!)– and with a few less lines!!
: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -: ¦: -PRICE AND AVAILABILITY: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -:¦:-

The RRP for a 15ml bottle is £44; however, it generally seems to be available for around £25 in most places – as of 18th September 2016 it is available for the following prices:

• Amazon: From £24.69
• Tesco: £28.57
• www.directbeautique.co.uk: £25.10
You can also pick up the sample bottles like mine from around £5 - £8 on E Bay.
Other products in this range are:

• Decléor Aromessence Marjolaine Nourishing Super Serum (around £55 for 15ml)
• Decléor Aromessence Iris Rejuvenating Night Balm (around £36 for 15ml)
• Decléor Aromessence Baume Excellence (around £83 for 30ml)
• Decléor Aromessence Mandarine Smoothing Night Balm (around £35 for 15ml)
• Decléor Aromessence Solaire Tan Serum for Body (around £845 for 30ml)

While I love the serum and will buy more, the creams are rather expensive for my pocket so I will stick to the tried and tested Biotherm Skin Best Cream that I really like!

: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -: ¦: -WOULD I RECOMMEND: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -:¦:-

I certainly would; I found this serum – that is designed for dry skin, did leave my mine skin feeling brighter and more radiant. It moisturizes, re-hydrates, helps heal problem areas and, although the manufacturer recommends using it with the corresponding cream moisturiser, I've used it with my own skin cream and found it to be highly effective.
Yes, it is expensive compared to similar products from other brands, but it lasts and lasts and lasts -- I think that it is well worth the rather hefty price tag.
: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -: ¦: -STAR TALLY: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -:¦:-

Appearance

For this I can only work on photos, as my serum is a sample only, but from what I can this is a very classy bottle with clean lines.
5/5

Smell

A really, really pleasant smell, makes me think of a spa visit I had a couple of years ago.
It smells – expensive!!!
5/5
Feel

It feels silky, and while it is obviously oily it is not greasy at all and soaks into the skin well.

Ease of Use

Very easy to use, but it does pour out very quickly and I would prefer a dropper type bottle to stop this.
Price

It is expensive initially, but just seems to go on and on.

Total Stars Awarded

: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -: ¦: -PICTURES: ¦: -•: *"*: •. -:¦:-

• Picture 1: The old crow’s feet are not as apparent and my skin does look more supple
• Picture 2: The sample bottle
• Picture 3: A stock photo (from Amazon.co.uk) of the 15ml bottle and box

Thanks for reading, and I do hope that this review is of some use to you.

Sellerleygirl September 2016

• flaviamaria published 22/09/2016
    E!! I went to get my No.7 colour match test today they tried to rope me into buying something very similar to this!
  • Mildew82 published 20/09/2016
    It sounds very scientific!
  • forpickeup published 20/09/2016
    yep,good.

offers "Decleor Aromessence Marjolaine Nourishing Oil Serum"