Delirium - Ellie Goulding

Delirium - Ellie Goulding

Review of "Delirium - Ellie Goulding"

published 21/12/2015 | xd-o-n-z-x
Member since : 13/02/2014
After almost a year off, I'm back!! Looking forward to reading all of your reviews - thank you for all the rates - very much appreciated!! :)
Pro Songs!! Ellie!!
Cons No ballads like 'Your Song'
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"~ * Got You On My..Stereo! * ~"

Christmas is coming and I always put a few albums on my Christmas list to Santa...However, this year, whilst I have already added quite a few to my list, there were some which I couldn’t wait until Christmas to have, and so I had to buy them as soon as they were released (Little Mix, Adele and now Ellie Goulding!!) Delirium is the latest album from British Pop Star Ellie Goulding; it’s in fact her third album. It was released in the United Kingdom in November 2015 and so is very recent. The CD is currently available to buy from Amazon for a price of £6.82 which I think is excellent value for money.

~ * Track Listing * ~

1) Intro 2) Aftertaste 3) Something In The Way You Move 4) Keep On Dancing 5) On My Mind 6) Around You 7) Codes 8) Holding On For Life 9) Love Me Like You Do (Fifty Shades of Grey) 10) Don’t Need Nobody 11) Don’t Panic 12) We Can’t Move To This 13) Army 14) Lost and Found 15) Devotion 16) Scream It Out

The album kicks off with an intro – it sounds more like it’s going to be a classical album rather than one from a pop star. The album then moves on to ‘Aftertaste’. I like how there is something quite real about the vocals on the track; it sounds like it’s live. This song is a bit of a grower and it took me a few listens before I ‘got it’. I love ‘Something In The Way You Move’; it has a typical Ellie Goulding sound to it. I have to say it does remind me of another song, but I can’t think which one it is. I’m not too keen on ‘Keep on Dancing’ so I tend to skip this one.

Next we’re onto ‘On My Mind’; I have to say, I did not like this one at first as I thought that it was a stupid song, however the more I listen to it, the more I like it; it’s very catchy and very ‘current’ sounding. I also love ‘Around You’ as it has a good funky beat and I just wanna dance along to it. Codes is another catchy tune with a good beat. I love the moodyness of this song and the sound of the piano; it’s nice to hear real instruments rather than ‘electronic’ ones.

Onto ‘Love Me Like You Do’ and this is definitely the stand out track for me! It’s a beautiful and catchy song and I like how it’s so full of emotion. Another stand out song for me is the next track; Don’t Need Nobody even if there is a lot of auto-tune used on this track. As the album goes on, the songs get better with the next couple of tracks; ‘Don’t Panic’ and ‘We Can’t Move To This’. Army takes a bit of a different turn for Ellie’s usual style; I could imagine Rihanna singing this one. There’s a bit of bad language on this track which is a bit of a shame.

This is a good album with a very current sound.; I like the songs on here but have to say that there are all quite samey. I was a bit disappointed to discover that there are no beautiful ballads on here like ‘Your Song’ which is a shame. The album has a very poppy sound.

A lot of the songs on here are very busy musically with lots going on. At times I feel that the music is a bit too loud, so much that you can’t hear Ellie singing as it seems she is trying to compete with the backing track. Ellie sings well on this album and she has put a lot into this album.

I would recommend this album to all Ellie Goulding fans!

Thanks for reading!
December 2015
xd-o-n-z-x

• sophie342 published 22/01/2016
    Great review, I also think this is a good album.
  • jo-1976 published 31/12/2015
    I love On My Mind!
  • fatboyslim published 28/12/2015
    VH. Stunning voice too.

offers "Delirium - Ellie Goulding"