Dell Inspiron 5150 3.06GHz

Dell Inspiron 5150 3.06GHz

Review of "Dell Inspiron 5150 3.06GHz"

published 16/02/2006 | kossremp
Member since : 16/02/2006
Pro Great quality laptop with plenty of processing power
Cons a little on the heavy side
Speed
Look & Feel
Memory / capacity
Comfort & Portability
Robustness & Durability

"Great laptop"

This is the first laptop that I have personally owned however, I chose a Dell because I had purchased/used/maintained many of them in my role at the time - Tech Support.

I dont consider them to be the top of the line but I think they are certainly in the top few. I have only ever had good experiences with the Dell support and the one time that I needed a replacement part for my laptop it arrived immediately.

In regards to value for money, I was not able to find another product that came anywhere near this one and have had no regrets with the purchase. Easy to set up, looks great, cheap and plenty of processing power. I do a lot of software development on this laptop and it handles it easily.

It is a little heavy but that is probably due to the fact that everything is inbuilt. I did not want to have to carry external devices like DVD burners etc so I opted for this model that had everthing built in.

The battery life is ok but if you are doing something other than light processing on a long haul flight you will need a spare battery!

My next laptop will be a Dell.