Dell

Computers & Electronics

Review of "Dell"

published 16/06/2007 | dvdsprks2
Member since : 15/01/2003
Been unable to read or write anything for some considerable time because of caring, etc, Also personal problems with a neighbour. Resolved in my favour so looking forward to getting back on here.
Pro Reliable
Cons None that I can think of
Layout & Design
Navigation
Site content & information
Range of services/products
Prices

"Dell machines in my experience, are good value"

I would like to pass on my experiences with Dell Computers.

I'm on my third Dell computer at present, the first one I got was an Inspiron 5150 laptop which was in 2003. I am still using this for work today. The only thiing that went wrong with it was a cable to the CD drive which I haven't fixed yet as it not imperative for work on my laptop.

The Second Dell I bought through ebay, it was about five hundred pounds and lasted 2.5 years. It was working well but the on/off switch went on it.

My repairer, who was private, told me that it wasn't worth fixing as the switch is located in the front and was sealed in, so I would have to find a new fascia.

I cut my losses and seeing as Dell machines had treated me well up to now, decided with my daughters help to find the highest specification on their re-furbished/returned section of the site. This is worth a look as the machines are high spec. and sold for much less.

I managed to find a Dimension 9150 with a 250 GB hard drive CD/RW DVD/RW, Pentium D processor, windows xp etc., for a very reasonable approx. £400. That was 18 months ago and the machine is still running well. I would say it is the best one I have ever had to date and this is my seventh desktop computer in twenty years.

I started with Amstrad, then two Tulip machines and the one before Dell was a Time computer.

All these have served me well, the shortest life, surprisingly, because of my other Dell usage, being my first desktop Dell, but I kept faith with Dell, mainly because of the good service my laptop was giving me.

Out of 3 Dell machines, I have had 7 years of work, counting my laptop use too. Two of these machines are in current use and I would say are used hard as my current Dell desktop is on 5 days per week during working hours and is inveriably used for internet use outside these hours sometimes to the early hours. Also at weekends.

I also use an Dell Ultrasharp 1905F flat screen, that is for another review in it's own right. Also a multimedia keyboard. I have had as many screens as computers and the 1905F screen is second to none in my experience.

The only gripe I had with Dell when buying my current desktop was their use of overseas operators as they didn't understand what I wanted. This however was quickly resolved after phoning Head Office. My Computer arrived very quickly after that.

I hope my experiences with Dell machines has helped.

Thanks for reading.