Review of "Delonghi DEM 10"

published 23/08/2011 | sorehead
Member since : 30/04/2011
Pro everything
Cons nothing at all
Performance
User's Manual
Maintenance

"NIce Condensation Free Windows"

We have had our Delonghi DEM 10 Dehumidifyer now for about eighteen months and we have been really pleased with its performance. It was bought because we do suffer from a lot of condensation in our house and we do no thave double glazing and this was causing a lot of mould patch problems on the walls and looked terrible. It was particularly bad when we were using our tumble dryer during the winter months when we couldn't get the washing dried on the washing line outside.

We bought this from Ebay for £75 (plus £4.75 postage and packing) and it arrived very quickly and was well packaged. It came with a great instruction booklet wheich I made sure I read before using it for the first time.

It is a heavy little dehumidifyer and I was quite surprised at its weight when I lifted it. Although heavy, it is small and compact and looks neat in the corner of our room. We live in a very large town house with several stories and a basement but it was the middle level rooms which were getting the worst of the dampness but this very soon solved the problem.

Once plugged in I noticed it made only a slight humming noise and did ot distract too much once you got used to it - a bit like a droning noise is the best way to describe it. It works by removing excess moisture from the air and there is a function to set it so that once moisture levels reach a certain amount it will automatically switch into action and this function is really useful we find.

It has a two litre tank capacity and will hold two litres of water. Obviously, you have to empty the water out when it gets full but you are able to see this clearly as it is see through as it has a transparent drum and you can see exactly how much water has been sucked in - very handy. As it shoots hot air out of the back of it this obviously acts at heating the room at the same time, and this is really useful in cold damp rooms.

We always use it when we have the tumble dryer on and we have noticed a great improvement in the dampness levels in our home since we have started to use it.

It is durable, safe and easy to maintain and we could not live without it now.

Really recommended.

• kama0529 published 23/08/2011
    Nicely reviewed - but I don't think I'd ever find the need for this product.
  • bmarks published 23/08/2011
    if i ever have this problem, I know what product to get!