Electric Heating - without Timer - with Thermostat

Review of "Delonghi HVN2532"

published 12/12/2010 | TheHairyGodmother
Member since : 10/02/2006
Please visit my website, www.themoneypirate.com
Pro quiet, cheap, long lasting, warm, safe
Cons none really
Performance
User's Manual
Maintenance

"Keeps me Warm! (or Cool)!"

DeLonghi HVN2532

“Oh the weather outside was frightful, but the fire was so delightful, let the review begin, let the fan commence its spin”

It’s that time of the year when the nights draw in, snow falls from the sky, and the world around us starts to freeze. Why, it’s so cold outside at the moment that I thought I saw a goose whose feet had frozen to the surface of the pond the other day. I stood and watched it for a while, but it turned out I was mistaken. It was just being lazy and just standing there. Coming in from outside it is welcome to have a nice warm house to come home to. When it comes to bedtime, things have started to cool down inside the house and by the wee hours it can be very cold indeed in our bedroom. For this purpose I have been using this heater for some time to provide us with welcome warmth whilst we are in bed. We have it located on my bedside cabinet so that when it’s on the hot air is blown across our faces, warming our little noses and defrosting our eyes.
Size and Design

The DeLonghi HVN2532 has been designed with space in mind. It is very small, but remarkably powerful for its size. At just over a foot high and approximately a foot wide, this fan is small enough for anybodies home to accommodate, even a caravan or boat. It is not suitable for heating a large room, and neither does it successfully heat our master bedroom, what it does do, however, is just take the edge off the temperatures. The heater/fan itself is made of plastic, and the main fan is located on top of a base which allows it to rotate.
Heat/Fan Settings

The DeLonghi HVN2352 has got four settings that allow different types of temperature, and you can choose the best for your situation. The first setting is “off” – anybody who doesn’t understand what that means please walk away now and jump off the nearest pier. The second setting is simply a fan. This just provides a cool air facility which I use all the time in summer (again in bed) to keep me cool. The fan is not overly powerful so you don’t wake up half frozen, but it’s just enough to help aid restful sleep for me when the temperature in the room is excessive. The final two settings are for heat control. The second one giving a slightly higher heat than the first. Both heat settings are controlled by a thermostat, and you can choose whether the heater rotates or not with the press off a large button on the base.
Safety

One thing that I particularly like about this fan is that it has quite a nifty little safety device which stops the fan/heater from working unless it is flat on a solid surface. For example, if it got knocked over, it would instantly turn itself off.
Price

As an example this heater/fan is currently available from Amazon for £24. I don’t know how much this cost when first purchased as it was a Christmas present around 2 or 3 years ago.
Longevity

From the above you will see that I have had, and used this heater fan in many capacities for at least 2 years, possibly 3, I can’t remember, and it is still going strong. Only recently has it developed a fault on the second heat setting where it seems to overheat and cut out after 10 minutes of use. This is minor to me as I don’t use the second heat setting anyway, only using it for fan, or heat level 1. Otherwise no problems with it.

Recommended!

• Anti_W published 26/10/2011
    Sounds like a good value heater. Great review!
  • sorehead published 17/07/2011
    We had one similar to this model but it kept breaking down, excellent review
  • killiefan published 07/06/2011
    Nice one, sounds like decent value.