Review of "Denman D83 Large Paddle Brush"

published 06/10/2011 | marsland1
Member since : 03/05/2010
A Merry Christmas to you all, many thanks for all your RRC x
Pro Very easy to use and works well
Cons I don't think there are any
Ease of Use
Effectiveness

"Brush away the cobwebs"

I bought this brush a year ago and think although it is a fine brush it also has it's down points too.

It is a paddle brush so it is wide and flat so in my eyes quite basic and that's how I like it. There are so many brushes with various curves and air holes and what not that it just makes the simple job of brushing your hair seem far more complicated than it should be! This paddle brush is just easy to use as it's flat!

The bristles are plastic and quite close together so it will help to get out any knots and keep your hair as straight as it can do. Because it is very large and flat it will take a lot of hair at a time so cuts down on the amount of time you need to spend brushing your hair.

The handle is shaped so that it should fit comfortably in your hand but I actually find it is a bit annoying as it narrows when it reaches the head of the brush. This narrowing is actually where my hand seems to want to sit and it is actually not very comfortable to do so as it's such a thin area. It would be better if the handle was thick all the way down instead of being shaped this way.

The brush is very light so although it is big it doesn't make your arm ache holding it.

It is just black, there is no pattern on it so you are not paying for anything fancy or special looking just a good quality brush.

The bristles connect into a pad on the 'oar' which is filled with air. This means that when the brush makes contact with your head it is 'bouncy' in that it has a bit of spring to it. This makes it a very comfortable brush to use as it is more gentle on your head than it would be if it didn't have this air in the padding.

I paid £12 for this hair brush and have had it a year now but still find that it is just as good as when I bought it so think that £12 is good value as I can see me using this for many years. You can also buy it in slightly smaller versions too but I do like the large version as it means you get to brush more hair at once so it saves time!

• LadyValkyrie published 06/10/2011
    I've not long bought a new hair brush, this sounds good though.
  • KarenUK published 06/10/2011
    I use something similar but mine was a bit cheaper.
  • ithoughtyoudneverask published 06/10/2011
    £12 is good value for money if you're able to hang on to it for years - unfortunately I'm constantly losing hair brushes! Drives me mad.