Review of "Derbi GPR 50 R"

published 28/12/2010 | samc117
Member since : 28/12/2010
Pro Cheap to run, Cheap to buy, Looks amazing
Cons Not as quick as a car

"A super fast 50cc bike, A 16 year olds dream bike"

For a 50cc this bike is amazingly quick, and it looks like it is a lot more powerful then 50cc. As young as a 16 year old can drive one of these bikes as a learner. This one is fully geared unlike a scooter a normal 16 year olds choice which is a lot slower than the Derbi gpr. As I have owned one of these bikes I can safely say In my opinion its the best 50cc bike i have ever ridden or seen therefore I would highly recommend this bike not just to 16 year olds but to any new bikers as it is fantastic for beginners and is great for crowded cities and has a very high acceleration.
Overall this bike is a complete triumph in the world of biking.
You can buy one of these bikes new for 1,995 pounds and you would be able to buy a 2006 one for 1,200 pounds and for this price i would call this a bargain.
My one never failed on me once I had it for 2 years and It started through any weather any time. I ran it on Castrol 2 stroke oil which was advised by the dealer i bought the bike from and has been perfect with barely any smoke when you start the bike and after running the bike you have no smoke from the exhaust. It has a great finish with very strong fairings and I have also ridden the aprilia rs50 which i have found to be slower than the derbi gpr 50 and I got my one fully derestricted and can reach a speed of 65 + mph. It has full electric start and and decent instrument clocks which tell you your fuel level, revs, speed in km and mph, temperature, oil level, high beam,low beam and indicators.

• TheHairyGodmother published 29/12/2010
    Sorry but there is not enough information or opinion in this review that would make it more helpful from a consumer perspective. Leave a message in my guestbook if you update it and I will return to re-rate.
  • dynamicnurse published 28/12/2010
    NH as I am still none the wiser on it!