DermaH20 Water Worlds Purest Baby Wipes

DermaH20 Water Worlds Purest Baby Wipes

Review of "DermaH20 Water Worlds Purest Baby Wipes"

published 08/08/2017 | abbiej1711
Member since : 22/05/2010
I'm 25 and I have just become a first time mum! So many reviews will be baby related. I have a degree in early years education, and work within the NHS. I have 4 cats and love reading and trying new things.
Pro None
Cons Highly priced, poorly packaged- i threw half the pack away!
Dispenser

"Very overpriced, I wont be buying more"

Im brand new to this baby thing! My little girl is only 3 weeks old, and after reading many things online regarding newborns skin and the best things to use, i came across these water wipes!

I was worried id be 'told off' by the hospital midwifes if i took 'normal' baby wipes with me when giving birth, so I bought these wipes as the next best thing to using wool and water.

Cost
I got a single pack on offer from Asda, and paid £2 for one pack! They are usually sold at £2.79 when not on offer- which I think for a pack of wipes, of any quality is very overpriced!
Although if you really wanted to use them (or have money to burn) they can also be bought in bulk from places such as boots - a pack of 9 for £20 or 12 for £30

Use
The wipes aren't very thick if I compare them to other cheaper brands im currently using, and they are the only ones ive had tear when trying to get them out the pack!

I've not even finished the pack, because they have become dried out, and are just now 'wipes'. The seal is rubbish, I only ever kept the wipes in my hospital bag and they've still managed to become dried out.
Considering my 'mamia' wipes from Aldi - at less than half the price, has much better packaging, it really puts me off using the water wipes again!

Effect
Ive not noticed any differences in terms of how effective they are with nappy changes- that could be that my baby hasn't yet been around long enough to get nappy rash... or because the wipes are no different to the others.

But having said that... if my baby did develop sore/rashy skin, id rather buy a pack of cotton wool and just use water, because looking at the ingredients, thats all these wipes are!

Overall -- very overpriced, rubbish packaging and I wouldnt recommend them.
If they improved the packaging to include a closeable lid, and lowered the price a bit, then I might consider them again as im currently using a range of different brands... but as they currently stand, theres nothing impressive at all about them!

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 13/08/2017