Review of "Dermablend Leg and Body Cover"

published 11/05/2003 | AlexW
Member since : 26/11/2001
Good
Pro covers scars, tattoos, birthmarks
Cons expensive, not suitable for all

"Pass me a jumper"

I know my title appears to make no sense whatsoever but honestly it is relevant.

I have quite a number of scars on my arms and some of them are quite bad, having spent yet another summer wearing jumpers I decided to give this stuff a go. As my scars were causing my serious distress (and I happen to have an understanding Dr) I was able to get this on prescription, thus saving myself approx £16 for the cream and £15 for the waterproof setting powder.

I got mine from boots and you do need to go to one of their larger stores as not all stock this.It comes in a large range of colours and they can advise on correct shade and application.

These products are recommended for the concealing of scars, tattoos, birthmarks, port wine stains, varicose or spider veins.

The application is a learned trick as you literaly warm the product on the back of your hand and then press onto the area to be covered, you then press on the powder.

SO does it work? Well as I said before I used it on my arms which also happen to have a number of moles, once applied you could not see the moles so yes it does give a good level of cover. Unfortunately for me as my scars are quite old they have faded to white, dermablend is not suited to covering white scars as they still end up visible, unless you put a 2 inch thick layer on (which lets face it attracts attention and defeats the object really).

If you have keloid scars (still in the red, itchy stage) then yes this will work wonders but for my type it was useless.

I also found that it is quite thick and your skin needs to be well moisturised beforehand too. It does mean that it stays put very well though, easily lasts the full day and through into an evening out without reapplying.

Oh well, as the title says..pass me a jumper!

• diehia published 27/10/2003
    it's a brand new product in France, when it's a 20 years old product in the US !!!
  • Maia published 11/05/2003
    I tried the Dermablend range when I was looking to cover a birth mark I have on my shoulder for my wedding a few years ago. Although they do have a range of different shades, I (and the assistant at Selfridges) could not find a shade or even a blend of shades that looked right. In the end, I just got a different dress that covered the mark. Great op.
  • royray published 11/05/2003
    This sounds good stuff,what a pity it was no good for you,excellent op,take care,pat.

Product Information : Dermablend Leg and Body Cover

Face Make-up - Concealer

Long Name: Leg and Body Cover

Type: Face Make-up

Genre: Concealer

Manufacturer: Dermablend

Listed on Ciao since: 30/07/2000

Dermablend Leg and Body Cover - Review - Pass me a jumper
Home > Beauty > Make-up > Face Make-up > Dermablend Leg and Body Cover > Reviews

AlexW 3

AlexW

Member since:26.11.2001

Pass me a jumper

11.05.2003

Advantages:
covers scars, tattoos, birthmarks

Disadvantages:
expensive, not suitable for all

Ease of Removal

3. miss_d_bus
  1. missc81
  2. xdonzx
  3. Mattroberts

I have quite a number of scars on my arms and some of them are quite bad, having spent yet another summer wearing jumpers I decided to give this stuff a go. As my scars were causing my serious distress (and I happen to have an understanding Dr) I was able to get this on prescription, thus saving myself approx 16 for the cream and 15 for the waterproof setting powder.

Oh well, as the title says..pass me a jumper!

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

diehia 27.10.2003 12:57