Dermalogica Power Rich

Dermalogica Power Rich

Review of "Dermalogica Power Rich"

published 26/06/2011 | sooty1987
Member since : 23/08/2010
Pro Easy to use
Cons Expensive
How easily is it absorbed?

"Power Rich Costs A Fortune!"

I was very lucky to receive 10 free samples of Dermalogica Power Rich. Each sample contains around 2mls of the product, 20mls of this product normally costs around £40, with the full size 50ml tube of this product costing £99. This equates to £2 per 1ml of product.

This Dermalogica Power Rich face cream has been specifically designed to be a maximum intensity cream using acid-free smoothing agents and skin regenerators designed to improve skin firmness and texture. It contains a blend of active botanicals includes Red Seaweed, Rice Extract, Soy Protein Phyoestrogens, Kukui Nut, Licorice and Multivitamins.

My Results:
The texture of this Power Rich face cream is more like the texture of a serum than a cream. In saying that although it feels like a serum it is very thick. The actual product looks quite shiny, almost an off white colour. I have found in the past that most Dermalogica skincare products mostly smell the same with a very nice clean fresh scent. This product differs, the scent is not very clean or even fresh smelling. It smells quite sickly and smells very like marzipan.

The product instructions say to smooth this product around your eye area. This is where it seems to work best. It works by smoothing out wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes. I don't have wrinkles as such but I do have crows feet, fine lines.

I apply a very small amount of this product around my eyes, probably about a third of one ml. Although the texture is thick and serum like I have no problem adsorbing this product into my skin, it sinks in well. At this point the sickly smell of this product is almost overwelming!

I follow with my usual moisturiser and await results. I know that I am not going to get miracles overnight After 20 nights of using this product I have not really noticed any improvement at all, wrinkle wise, in the skin around my eyes. My crow's feet, fine lines really look the same as before I used the product.

The best effect I get from this product is that it has worked wonders in diminishing dark circles under my eyes, and these results have been prominent from almost the very first time I used the product. I think the thick serum like texture of this product sits on the actual dark circles and disguises them, while at the same time delivering lots of powerful plant ingredients to my eye area and making it fully moistuirsed. If you suffer from dark circles then it is worth either buying the product or trying to get some samples. As I said before this product works out at a cost of £2 per ml. One ml does for about 2 applications.

After my samples run out I won't be buying this product because it costs too much money, I like the one result I get from this product but to me that does not justify buying the full size tube.

If you have really pronounced wrinkled skin then I think this product would work, the texture would fill in the wrinkles and the intensive ingredients of the product delivers would help renew damaged and wrinkled skin.

The actual product information says:

Power Rich rebuilds this vital matrix through its unique, merged technology of three interactive systems. When used daily for 30 days, this remarkable product stimulates cell regeneration and turnover for a fresher, firmer look.
Power Rich is virtually a hand made product comprised of 3 separate ingredient phases precisely blended to insure product quality and maintain integrity of this sensitive formula.

3 ingredient phases affect skin strength, smoothness and texture:
Phase 1
Biostimulating botanicals including seaweed, wheat protein and soy treat the loss of strength, elasticity and moisture in skin.

Phase 2
Smoothness is achieved with our acid-free smoothing agents that promote exfoliation without irritation, while stimulating cell renewal. Perfect for the "post-AHA" generation.

Phase 3
Skin regenerators, protein peptides and vitamins improve skin texture and reverse signs of aging.

All in all I feel a lot of money has gone into researching and producing this product. If and when I do suffer from wrinkles I will know what to buy.

I am giving this Dermalogica product 4 stars, not 5 because it is so very expensive.

I hope that you have found my review helpful. I have used this product as directed and I have been completely honest about my results.

Summary: Good for deep wrinkles!

• Mistee-Dreamz published 26/06/2011
    Well reviewed
  • AddictedToBeauty published 26/06/2011
    I like the sound of this but not the price! x
  • pgn0 published 26/06/2011
    What price beauty, eh?

offers "Dermalogica Power Rich"