Dermalogica UltraCalming Redness Relief

Dermalogica UltraCalming Redness Relief

Problem Skin

Review of "Dermalogica UltraCalming Redness Relief"

published 17/10/2015 | mollymoo818
Member since : 12/07/2014
Life has kept me away but going to try and spend more time reading and reviewing.
Pro Tones down redness and is a good primer
Cons There are other products which do the same for less money
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Good for toning down redness"

Good for toning down redness

My skin has some pink tones in it which don’t bother me that much but occasionally it becomes inflamed and sensitive and the pinkness turns to redness which is not only uncomfortable feeling but it doesn’t look very good either.

When my skin is sensitive and red I have to be careful with what products that I put on it so as to not inflame it any further so it needs to be gentle. I also like to disguise the redness by putting on a special anti redness primer or a CC cream. My current favourite is a CC cream by L’oreal but this was one of the first ever primers that I tried.

It wasn’t cheap at £30 but I knew because it was from Dermalogica it wouldn’t irritate my skin and I am always willing to pay more for something that is high quality.

This has a green tint in it which helps to neutralise the redness in your skin but it doesn’t leave your skin looking green as it absorbs into skin really well and it does a good job of toning down redness especially in the cheeks and forehead making it look more even. I did notice that when I was using this it toned the redness right down in my skin but it did leave it looking a little bit ashen but when I applied foundation on top of it the ashiness disappeared.

It was super gentle on my skin and didn’t flare up the sensitivity or irritate my skin in any way. It helped calm my skin down and stop it being quite so reactive. It felt lovely on my skin making it soft and worked fantastically as a primer for makeup as it smoother my skin making my foundation go on much smoother.

I would probably still be using this had I not discovered the L’oreal CC cream which is much cheaper and does the same job but with the added benefit of already having some foundation in it so that I only need the one product.

This is a good product for toning down redness in your skin and it really does make skin feel nice but for me the benefits didn’t justify the price tag when I could find alternatives which do the same thing sometimes better.

• justarube published 17/12/2016
    well reviewed
  • danielclark691 published 10/01/2016
    ell reviewed
  • AnneLorraine1 published 18/10/2015
    Good review

offers "Dermalogica UltraCalming Redness Relief"