Review of "Dermatix Silicon Gel"

published 25/07/2010 | lordylocks
Member since : 12/07/2010
Satisfactory
Pro No scent. Non-greasy.
Cons Ineffective. Expensive.
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?
How does it affect your skin?

"Dermatix proved to be very disappointing"

I bought this gel from Boots, hoping that it would help to flatten some old raised scars I have on my face (from mole removal). It's a clear, non-greasy gel that has no scent. After cleansing, I gently massage it onto my scars both morning and night. I've been using this for three and a half months and, as of yet, see absolutely no difference in my scars :-( According to the Dermatix website, it takes at least two months of twice daily use to see a significant improvement. I'm persevering in the hope that maybe something will happen soon, but I'm starting to lose faith in the product. It's very frustrating as I've read such positive reviews about Dermatix. It's very expensive (I paid approx £30 from Boots), although I later heard that it is possible to obtain it on NHS prescription. In the meantime I'll continue searching for an effective scar treatment. I'm so disappointed.

• sewbizzie published 25/07/2010
    Sorry for the low rate but you need to give a lot more detail, have a read at the high rated reviews to see what is needed, if you add more then let me know and I will re read for you.