Matt_UK21 3

Matt_UK21

Member since:06.05.2010

Core™ i7 Extreme Computer build

06.05.2010

Advantages:
Good Graphics, High Speed Memory and processor, Relatively Cheap, Good customer service support

Disadvantages:
Product came in poor condition, Delivery time and arrival was poor

Recommendable No:

• Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
  • LG W2361V 23" WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D/D-SUB FULL HD 1920x1080
  • 1 x 2 Metre DVI Cable
  • Razer Deathadder Re-Spawn 3500DPI Infrared Gaming Mouse

== My Review ==Its been a couple of weeks since i brought my new PC and i have mixed emotions about the result. So to make it easy to understand i shall start from the beginning.
Price

If you can’t build computers they have fantastic deals and the benefit of pre-built pc's delivered to your door (see delivery) is certainly a decent offer. This said if I was to think about a brand new PC again I would most likely buy separate parts and build it myself saving money but increasing the inevitable hassle!

Ordering

At the very start of my experience I came into difficulty. Issues appeared when ordering online due to confliction between invoice and delivery address. As a result I had to phone and discuss the issue and eventually order over the phone. The service from the guys on the other end was very good and I can’t fault that, however I feel that they should look into this as it might put many people off. I would also note that on the online order i was given a free Assassins Creed 2 game with the i7 however this never arrived from the phone order.
Delivery and Tracking

The web page showing every stage of the build is a great addition and very satisfying when you know its finally being built! Unfortunately my delivery did not arrive in the 7 to 9 days estimate but more 16 days. I was never informed why this was the case however I assume it was linked with both the volcano ash and possible ATI stock levels (this is a assumption not fact). Again I was in contact via email and there response was quick and helpful explaining that my pc had been built and eventually pushed to priority status.

After it left pc specialist you gain a tracking order which was very helpful. Unfortunately it all went to pot when it got to the southwest DHL service. They failed to deliver to my address as they couldn’t find it (I live in flats in the city). Secondly I had to pick it up myself. So if you live in a city area check your post code isn’t shared by 6 other flat blocks (as I found out mine is) and make sure pc specialist give them your number in case of any problems.
The Product

Now I can get to the main point of pc specialist ....the PC! As you can see I ordered a i7 pc from pc specialist. Unfortunately the PC didn't arrive how I would of liked and luckily I’m not computer illiterate.

Negatives

# One - When I turned on the PC the sound card wasn't plugged in, which I assume was done due to motherboard conflicts or was knocked out in delivery.

# Two - The ATI 5870 graphics card had an overheating issue, which was resolved by the good old fashioned unplug and plug it back in method.

# Three - The fan at the front of the case wasn't working due to the connection not being plugged in properly.

# Four - the case has a base mounted power pack and has no feet! its propped up on books to encourage air flow until I can buy some.

Positives

Once I had "fixed" the issues presented above the PC came to life and became a wonderful machine. I have had many hours of enjoyment using this new machine. Graphics are good; however ATI needs to sort out tearing issues in some games like Bad Company 2 and Empire Total War. The processor and RAM has allowed me to do extensive research using very processor heavy software with little or no slow down, perfect.

Unfortunately the satisfaction of the machine is let down by the fact it arrived in poor condition. If I was not PC literate it would of been more delays on top of what I already had... NOT GOOD!

Conclusion

Unfortunately I can’t rate to highly on pc specialist for this product. The service of the guys on the phone was fanatic but was let down by almost everything else. I hope that PC specialist take this on board. That said the resulting pc is good but you’re better off building it yourself if you know how.

Add the first comment!