Dettol Anti-bacterial Mould & Mildew Remover Spray
4 reviews from the community
Review of "Dettol Anti-bacterial Mould & Mildew Remover Spray"
I live in a new build apartment but we still get really bad mould and mildew forming around the windows even though we have double glazing. This is especially bad in the winter months when the weather is cold and damp. At first I was not really sure what would remove it so tried a few cleaning products but they didn't seem to remove all of the mould and mildew. Then on a trip to Tesco one day I spotted the Dettol mould and mildew remover spray so though it would be worth a try.A 750ml of Dettol mould and mildew remover at Tesco currently costs £2.90. This may seem like it is quite expensive but a little does go a long way and a bottle can easily last me a year.
The mould and mildew remover comes in a trigger spray bottle. The bottle itself is bright green and has a white and red trigger spray top. On the front of the bottle it states that the mould and mildew remover kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses and that there is no need to scrub as it contains active bleach. On the back of the bottle you can find details of how to use the mould and mildew remover and what surfaces you can use it on.The mould and mildew remover contains a powerful bleach which says it removes even ingrained mould and mildew with no need to scrub. You can use the spray on the following surfaces:
- Chrome & stainless steel
- Formica & plastics
- Ceramic basins & toilets
- Acrylics bath tubs & showers
- Glazed ceramic tiles & white grouting
To use the mould and mildew remover you need to turn the red nozzle on the bottle to the 'on' position. You then need to spray the mould and mildew remover on the affected surface from a distance of 20-25ml away. You then need to leave the spray to work for around 5 minutes to work, then wipe away the residue and rinse the surface. It is recommended that you test a small area of the surface before to ensure that there is no reaction. I have used this spray on a variety of surfaces around my home and have not yet experienced any adverse reactions. Although you do need to be very careful with this product around fabrics as it contains bleach. Also it is advisable to wear gloves so that the bleach and chemicals do not affect your skin and to remember to turn the nozzel to the 'off' position after use.I have been very impressed with this mould and mildew remover, I often get mould and mildew around my window frames in the winter months and sometimes around my bath sealant. I simply spray the product on the surface as instructed, even after a minute you notice that the mould and mildew seems to be melting away. After a few minutes you wipe the product off and there is no trace at all of any mould and mildew at all. Like it states on the bottle there is no need at all to scrub the mould and mildew simply wipes away. Also I do notice that it seems to keep the mould and mildew at bay for quite some time after use, this must be because it kills the bacteria that makes it form. I think this product is wonderful it is so quick and easy to use and gives fantastic results every time.
Product Information : Dettol Anti-bacterial Mould & Mildew Remover Spray
Manufacturer's product descriptionAnti-Bacterial Product
Type: Anti-Bacterial Product
Listed on Ciao since: 12/05/2010