Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleaner Spray

Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleaner Spray

Anti-Bacterial Product

Review of "Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleaner Spray"

published 19/04/2012 | danielclark691
Member since : 27/02/2011
Reviews : 2094
Pro Great results, easy to use, value for money, antibacterial, no strong scent.
Cons Nothing to note.
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Sparkling clean surfaces every time."

I am always on the lookout for a bargain when it comes to all things 'household', as prices for cleaning products can be quite high. This is particularly the case for premium branded items, and the Dettol range falls under this category in my opinion. Dettol do have a large range of cleaning products, and they have a product for the vast majority of tasks within the house.

First impressions

The packaging of the Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleaner Spray is quite simple. The container is a solid white coloured bottle with a blue and white spray top. The solution inside the bottle is clear and the trigger spray allows for quick and easy dispensing of the cleaning product. To the front of the bottle is a label which contains the Dettol logo and outlines the key benefits to this product, including its antibacterial properties. To the rear is another label containing details about directions for use and also warnings regarding the safe use of the product.

A trigger action spray is commonplace on such cleaning products, and it allows you to quickly and easily apply the product to the desired surface in an efficient manner. On the very end of the spray top is a nozzle. This can be adjusted to the 'off' position when storing the product away, preventing accidental spillages.

Using the product

As I have just mentioned, the Dettol antibacterial surface cleaner spray is easy to use. I simply spray the product onto the desired surface and wipe away with a clean cloth. You could either use disposable kitchen towels or a clean cloth, as I do. I usually use this antibacterial spray on my kitchen work surfaces. The solution doesn't have a distinctive scent to it, though I must admit I do catch the occassional whiff of disinfectant when I am wiping my surfaces clean. The smell is noticeable, though it isn't overpowering or unpleasant. I always clean my hands after use, as the chemical scent stays on your hands after using the spray.

The spray is very versatile and can be used on a range of surfaces. I use the product mainly in the kitchen, though I also use it in the bathroom due to it being antibacterial. The only surfaces which it shouldn't be used on are fabrics, mirrors, or varnished or lacquered surfaces. Due to this I stick to the kitchen worktops and bathroom surfaces in general. Surfaces areleft sparkling clean and smelling mildly fresh due to the slightly antibacterial scent.

Often with general cleaning products you can be left with water marks or powdery residues, something which doesn't happen with the Dettol antibacterial surface cleaner spray.

Additional information

The standard size of this product is 500ml, though Dettol often have a promotional 50% free bottle on sale in my local supermarket. both sizes last a good while in my house, probably a couple of months, even with regular use of the spray. I always clean the cloths I use with the spray, though I suppose disposable dry wipes would be just as effective, if not moreso due to them being totally clean each time.

There are a number of warnings on the bottle, due largely to the strength of the disinfectant contained in the product. It is advised to keep the bottle out of the reach of babies and children, so if you have a small child around then I would advise against storing such products in easy to reach areas.

Final thoughts

The Dettol antibacterial surface cleaner spray is widely available due to its popularity. I usually buy the product from Morrisons, though all major supermarkets stock the product to my knowledge. Priced at around £2 it is certainly terrific value for money for a branded product, and if you can find the special 50% extra free bottles then it makes it even better value for money. If you buy a supermarket 'hmebrand' product then you may save a few pennies, but on this occassion I think it is worth spending a little bit extra for the results achieved.

• kiss_me2070 published 21/02/2017