bexx0907 5

bexx0907

About me: Thanks to everyone who reads and rates my reviews - much appreciated & I will return the favour! Feel free to drop me a message if I miss you & i'll get onto it!

Member since:23.06.2009

Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleaner

14.06.2012

Advantages:
Cleans all surfaces well

Disadvantages:
None for me

19 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Amazingwoo
  2. Alyson29
  3. Soho_Black

When it comes to cleaning products, I am not loyal to a certain brand and have tried and tested most cleaning products on the market. My most recent multi surface cleaner is Dettols Anti Bacterial Surface Cleaner.

I get most of my cleaning products from either Tescoís or Wilkinsons and I purchased this one from Tescoís. I purchased it as it was on offer and I know Dettol is a decent brand so thought it was worth a go. The standard price for this one is £2.00 for a 500ml bottle which isnít the cheapest on the market by a long way, but I donít think it is overly expensive for a decent brand.

The clear liquid comes in a trigger style bottle and dispenses as a nice mist, rather than as a wet blob on a certain area so your surfaces donít get too wet and also the mist covers a good area so you donít need as much, making the spray better value for money.

I use this as a multi purpose cleaner and use it on most surfaces including glass, worktops and ceramics and I have to say it has done a wonderful job on every surface. We have a lot of black glass products in the home which show all marks etc and many cleaners fail to bring the black glass up to its best but this one doesnít seem to struggle at all and could be used as a general glass cleaner which I donít tend to do with most multi surface cleaners. This one doesnít leave any marks or smears behind so my glass comes up perfectly.

My kitchen work surfaces are real wood and this works fine on these too, taking up any marks on the surfaces with ease without harming or distorting the wood and I have used it on the ceramic sink and bathroom items which again come up spotlessly clean and shiny.

Not only is this a cleaner, it is also antibacterial so you are getting two jobs done in one. When cleaning your home, you have the comfort of knowing that you are also eliminating any bacteria or germs that may be lurking which is essential when you have children around so they donít catch any nasty bugs.

A couple of cheaper anti-bacterial sprays have had a real potent, clinical smell which gets right down the back of your throat and has on a couple of occasions left me gasping for breath if I am not in a well aired area. This does have a slight clinical smell to it but it doesnít have the same harshness to it and doesnít leave me feeling ill as others have. I quite like the smell of this as although it isnít fragranced with anything particularly nice, my home has a nice Ďcleaní smell to it after using this spray but it still smells homely and not like a hospital!

Overall, this is a really good antibacterial spray cleaner and I would highly recommend it to all. It hasnít struggled on any surface I have used it on and you can kill germs and bacteria as well as cleaning so you have peace of mind that your home is clean and germ free with this cleaner. Although I canít actually see the cleaner eliminating the germs etc, but as it works so well as a cleaner, I have the confidence in the product that it does everything it says it does and for that reason, I highly recommend this spray cleaner.

RICHADA 14.06.2012 17:34

This one would score a five from me, but I'd never be able to pen a decent review on it which you've done here. R.