Dettol Antiseptic Liquid

Dettol Antiseptic Liquid

Antiseptic and Disinfectant, for First Aid, Medical and Personal Hygiene uses.

Review of "Dettol Antiseptic Liquid"

published 06/03/2012 | emmad5689
Member since : 12/02/2011
Thank you all for my E ratings it is appreciated xx
Pro Can be used on floors, surfaces, cuts and grazes
Cons The smell
Side effects
Effectiveness

"It stings but it works"

I always remember Dettol from when I was a little girl, there was always a bottle in our medicine cabinet. A bottle of Dettol usually costs between £2 and £3 for a 250ml bottle and can be bought in chemists, supermarkets and even many discount style stores, I think that dettol is great value as you tend tyo use it diluted so you get much more than 250mls out of a bottle and it does a number of jobs.
Dettol comes in a see through plastic bottle with an integrated handle on some of the bigger bottles to make it easier to handle, the liquid inside of it to be honest looks like concentrated wee, on the front of the bottle you have a label which shows the dettol logo and promises to kill bacteria and provides protection against germs which can cause infection and illness.
I use Dettol in two ways in my house, I use it to disinfect the surfaces in the kitchen and also to clean up cuts and grazes when my daughter falls over. The products smells medicinal and clean and isn't as strong as some disinfectants such as TCP which can also be used for cuts and grazes.
To use this product I place a couple of drops into a bit of water and then use cotton wool to gently clean the wound. My daughter does complain that this product stings when using it to clean her up but it promises to kill 99.9% of bacteria and I trust the brand so do still use it and to be fair if you have a cut or graze no matter what you use it stings a little. My daughter has never had an infections or problems with any of her injuries so I must say I think this product does a good job.
If using the products to clean benches and floors in the kitchen you simply dilute in warm water and wipe over with it or place in a mop bucket of water. I like to use this in the kitchen as I have a number of different animals and as this is where they enter and leave the house and eat their meals I like to be confident that it is still clean.
I would recommend this product, it has stood the test of time and that is because it is a good product which does the job and comes at a decent price, the only drawback is the smell but it doesn't last long and there are worse.

• Coloneljohn published 17/03/2012
    A good stand by for this house. John