Dettol Antiseptic and Disinfectant Liquid

Dettol Antiseptic and Disinfectant Liquid

Review of "Dettol Antiseptic and Disinfectant Liquid"

published 29/04/2012 | lorrainek90
Member since : 17/04/2009
Decided after a well deserved break, to come back to writing for a while! Great to catch up with everyone!
Pro kills germs and does the job
Cons smells a bit strong
Effectiveness

"Dettol Disinfectant liquid"

I think that Dettol Disinfectant liquid is handy to keep around the house and I always like to have a bottle in our kitchen cabinet. Dettol Disinfectant liquid has so many uses such as cleaning up nasty cuts, cleaning within the home, and also because it has no bleach in it, it is safe to use around pets.

I mostly use Dettol when I am cleaning out my cats bedding, it is very easy to use and I just get an old cloth and some Dettol diluted with hot water (one or two capfuls per bucket) and give the cats area a little scrub down.

I also have found that this is great for cleaning out the jets in the Jacuzzi in our bath, I just fill the bath with warm water and then add some Dettol and let the jets run for a while and it cleans out all the scum that can gather in the tubes from the bubble in the bath, it also brings up the taps in the bath and sink up really nicely and can be used around the toilet. I use Dettol around the toilet if anyone in our house has had a tummy bug as I find it is the best way to help prevent the rest of the house coming down with it.

I have also used this on cuts that I have had that were getting a little infected or septic. I found that although it was a little stingy to apply, it did clean up my cuts really well and helped them heal up much quicker.

Dettol has a very strong smell that could put some people off, though it does not linger about for too long after cleaning and I normally dilute it as it isn’t as strong as when you use it neat.

You can buy a bottle of Dettol Disinfectant liquid in most supermarkets for around £2.50 for 500ml, I think that this is a great price because it does its job well, has so many uses and it is good to have the peace of mind that 99.9% of harmful germs and bacteria have been killed.

Overall I think that this is a great disinfectant to have around the house, it can clean up a range of different surfaces around the home and also it can be used to clean up nasty cuts that could turn septic. Overall I would give this product 5 out of 5 stars.