Diamond White Cider

Diamond White Cider

Review of "Diamond White Cider"

published 28/10/2001 | wampyrii
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro see review
Cons see review

"Diamond White - For The Worst hang Over Ever"

Launched in 1986, Diamond White is one of those alcoholic beverages which you tend to consume when you are looking to get drunk - it also taste quite nice as well. Its a little on the dry side as ciders go, but it has to be said that it is one of the better ones out there and one of the most popular - at least among younger drinker.

Apparently its popularity means that one in two licensed premises stocks Diamond White in the UK and it is consumed regularly by around 1 in 5 of all 18-24 year olds - impressive statistics indeed. That said, its not something wich I would recommend to everyone though for a couple of reasons. Firstly, at 8.4% ABV its rather on the strong side to say the least so its certainly not for the inexperienced drinker even though this is exactly who it seems to appeal to. Its also rather on the expensive side, well it is in my local Yates Wine Lodge(ok so nothingis cheap there) with a stingey little 275ml bottle setting you back around £2 in most establishment. Its cheaper in the 440ml cans from the supermarket, but its not much fun drinking at home now is it? One more problem? This stuf is VERY nasty to get drunk on. The morning after effects are wuite easily the WORST I have ever suffered after a night out binging on it - when I said never again this time I really meant it and steer well clear of Diamond White unless its for one or two and then moving onto something else. As of of my equally hung-over flatmates put it so eloquently at the time "my gut feels like I swallowed a bucket of rhino snot" and thats exactly how it makes you feel the next day. Very nasty, so only recommended for one or two...but its up to you of course, don't say I didn't warn you.

So...would I recommend it? Yes I would actually despite its shortcomings. If you like K cider then you'll probably like Diamond White as well. If you like dry cider in general then again its worth trying out, but if your idea of a good cider is Woodpecker, White Lightning etc. then you'll probably want to give it a miss.

• chrissm published 01/11/2001
    this stuff tastes more like vinegar and when you wake up after drinking it you know about it ok
  • Borg published 28/10/2001
    Hic, all these reviews on alcohol are getting me tipsy.
  • jackie-b published 28/10/2001
    I prefer Strongbow now but used to get drunk off one bottle of Diamond White when I was younger! :o)