Review of "Diesel Bad Eau de Toilette"

published 13/09/2017 | danielclark691
Member since : 27/02/2011
Due to time constraints, I am unlikely to be able to find the time to rate members that have received 3 times as many rates as they have given, apologies.
Pro A different scent, trusted brand, daring.
Cons May not suit everyone.
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"Diesel - Michael Jackson inspired?!"

Diesel Bad Eau de Toilette

Diesel Bad Eau de Toilette

First impressions

There are a few designer clothing brands that I love, and Diesel is most certainly one of these. I love their footwear because I find them extremely comfortable, and I own a few pairs of their trainers for this very reason. It goes without saying that this is one stylish brand that I love, and this very much a modern brand as far as I am concerned.

What you find with the fashion labels is that they are out to make money just like any other business, and as they take so many risks on the way to the top, they have to be rewarded handsomely. To achieve this they often charge the earth for their designing clothing, but another area they seem to enjoy is the fragrance market. It can be an expensive game creating a worthy brand in this market, and so having a well respected brand already established you could say it is easy money for these fashion brands.

The product Diesel have produced is called ‘Bad’, and this is an eau de toilette. The bottle has a typical Diesel look to it. The textured finish to the bottle has a black leather finish to it. The Diesel brand is remembered by me for their distressed look on things, and this leather has real character. The packaging is very masculine in appearance, and the rectangular bottle is simple enough to let the rest of the deign do the talking. We have a rose gold coloured neck to the bottle with a textured black cap, and the ‘BAD’ lettering is also in this rose gold colour. The box that the bottle comes in carries the same look, and I am impressed by the packaging.

My experience

Whether you opt for the 50ml bottle or the larger 125ml size you are going to get the same style of bottle. The packaging is what sells this type of product, and often it would appear some brands spend more on their packaging than on the development of their fragrance. I think Diesel have found the perfect balance, and it is time to apply the product and put the bottle to one side.

The bottle has a simple pump action spray function, and after a couple of sprays I can safely say I am fragranced up. The scent reminds me of a gentleman’s club, tobacco and woody tones. The fragrance is very addictive, and it is unlike other modern scents I have come across in the past.

The scent lingers after application, but obviously you soon get used to it and don’t notice it as much, but others do and I can say it lasts for a number of hours after application. Staying power is impressive, though you will want to reapply it for your own satisfaction if anything.

The 50ml bottle will last for some time, but the 125ml bottle is for someone keen to make this their signature fragrance. One thing is for sure, nobody will know what it is, but everyone will want to know the name of the fragrance and brand.

Price and availability

The 50ml size is available for £42 through The Fragrance Shop online. The same retailer sells the 125ml bottle for £58.50, with a complimentary toiletry bag and shower gel. It definitely pays to buy larger bottles of fragrance, but unless you love it you may prefer to buy smaller sizes and change them regularly.

Final thoughts

I am familiar with the Diesel brand and even their fragrances. I have a few of the clenched fist bottles, but this one is a bit different for a reason. I love the sophistication and fact that the fragrance is so different to the others in their range. This is a fragrance for the daring, and for those that want to be noticed for their smell aswell as their look. One thing is for sure, you won’t be able to blend in to the background with this on your skin.

• euphie published 28/09/2017
    vh :o)
  • IzzyS published 24/09/2017
    Good review.
  • stacey2911 published 16/09/2017
    vh

offers "Diesel Bad Eau de Toilette"