Diesel Only The Brave Eau de Toilette

Diesel Only The Brave Eau de Toilette

Review of "Diesel Only The Brave Eau de Toilette"

published 28/12/2010 | l500589
Member since : 02/08/2009
Hi all, Thanks for reading my review. My name is Mark, and Im from Stoke-On-Trent, I have just joined up to this site today (02.08.2009), so still finding my way around. It looks very good from what I have seen so far.
Pro Great smell
Cons quite expensive
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"Not just for the brave"

My first attraction to Diesel's latest male fragrance 'Only The Brave' last year was based solely around the bottle. I had seen it advertised on TV a couple of times, and loved the shape and cool design of the bottle, along with the name designated to the fragrance, and immediately wanted to get my hands on some.
Luckily for me, my wife picked up on this, and I received a bottle last Christmas, and another bottle this Christmas!

As mentioned above, the bottle is somewhat unique in design. See the picture above of the bottle to get a clear idea of the style.
It is made from a cool light blue coloured translucent glass, shaped into a clenched fist design. There is a silver cap at the top of the fist, which reveals the spray mechanism, and silver diesel lettering over the centre of the fingers on the clenched fist which looks like a ring on 2 of the fingers. This bottle comes in a nice bright white coloured cardboard box, with 'Diesel Only The Brave' printed in bold, black and blue coloured text.

The scent of this fragrance is awesome. I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised, when I first got to try it last Christmas, as I didn't really know what to expect, but I had tried other diesel aftershaves prior to receiving this, and I had never been overly impressed with them.

The general smell of the fragrance is instantly recognisable to me now after wearing 'Only The Brave' for over a year now on special occasions. It is very fruity, and has a hint of femininity to it in my opinion, that tends to suit the younger male adult in the range of 20-40 years of age.

The fragrance has base notes of amber, leather accord and cedar wood, which combine well with the fruity top notes of lemon and mandarin, and coriander leaves, with the lemon being particularly recognisable to my nose. The heart notes are labdanum heart, along with violet leaves and rosemary, and this overall fruity scent is very long lasting, without being too overpowering at any point.

This excellent fragrance from Diesel is available at most fragrance stores, such as boots, or debenhams, and comes in a 35ml, 50ml or 75ml bottle size. Having just checked with my wife, she paid around £38 for my 50ml EDT bottle which included a 10% discount from debenhams.

Overall Opinion

I really like this fragrance for men. It comes in the 'coolest of cool' designed bottle, which is solid and heavy in the hand, and looks great when on display. The fragrance itself has a fantastic fresh and fruity smell to it, which is full of energy and long lasting but not too overpowering. It is quite expensive, and so I tend to only wear it for special occasions, which helps it to last quite a while, and I hope I am lucky enough to get another bottle next Christmasms too!

Thanks for reading

© L500589 2010

• mumsymary published 29/12/2010
    I must get a smell of this
  • Mistee-Dreamz published 28/12/2010
    I never heard about it until last week when my son had it as a Christmas gift. I actually loved the smell and the bottle was so unique, I liked it too :)
  • pennywa published 28/12/2010
    Hideous looking bottle xx

Product Information : Diesel Only The Brave Eau de Toilette

Its flacon is a real sculpture of glass, shaped like a fist, coloured in smoky-greyish nuances, with a silver ring with an inscription of the Diesel brand. Concept of Only The Brave accentuates oriental, leather and woody accords, which are masculine, determined and brave, with clear contrasts. The perfume opens with masculine and modern notes of leather, which is closely connected with the brand itself. The composition is refreshed with lemon and sparkling, fresh aromas, adding amber and woody accords of cedar.

Long Name: Diesel Only The Brave Eau de Toilette Spray