Review of "Diesel Polo T-shirt Men"

published 06/01/2017 | danielclark691
Member since : 27/02/2011
Due to time constraints, I am unlikely to be able to find the time to rate members that have received 3 times as many rates as they have given, apologies.
Good
Pro Good quality to begin with, fairly smart, stylish.
Cons I have found it doesn't wash very well.
Design/Style

"Diesel Polo T-shirt"

Diesel Polo T-shirt Men

Diesel Polo T-shirt Men

First impressions

If you enjoy frequenting the local Wetherspoons then the chances are you will have a few polo t-shirts in your wardrobe to kit you out for the occasion. It is safe to say that the polo t-shirt is trying to be something that it isn’t, and that is a smart alternative to ‘just a t-shirt’, when in fact it is often worn by twentysomethings that like a bit of a scuffle on a Friday night in their local.

Aside from the stereotype I would say that the polo t-shirt IS something you can wear and look ‘smart/casual’. The major brands all have a selection of polo t-shirts in their ranges, and this shows that there is clearly demand from them, regardless of who those people may be.

Here we have the Diesel branded Polo T-shirt and the Diesel brand is one that I have a bit of a soft spot for. Their footwear is VERY comfortable on the main, and I have worn their jeans and t-shirts both in the past and at present. This particular polo t-shirt is what I would describe as ‘marl grey’ in colour. The grey is not a block colour, and the 95% cotton and 5% elastane mix ensures we are kept comfortable, with a little bit of ‘give’ in the material.

My experience

Once you have decided which polo t-shirt from the Diesel range you want to buy it is time to look at the sizes. All sizes are catered form, with sizes from small and medium through to large, XL and 2XL. I have to say that the polo t-shirt looks smarter on a slim person, but that is just my opinion.

The Diesel badge on the chest is actually metal, and it is sewn onto the material. I have never had any problems with this, but I could understand if you would prefer a sewn motif as this is not going to come off. The metal badge is not sewn on crudely and it will last, but some may prefer other designs.

When it comes to the looks of this polo t-shirt it is hard to say it is different from others that I have owned. The sleeves have a nice trim on them, and the collar is ribbed. To the bottom edge of the polo we have a straight split hem, and although this may be more for design, it gives you a little extra flexibility when putting the t-shirt on.

As you can see, over time this polo t-shirt has started to show its age. The collar is the first thing you notice, and I am not 10% sure how to look after this properly. Are you meant to put the collar up in the wash and turn the t-shirt inside out? I am unsure! I think that once this begins to fray (which it inevitably will) you need to replace the polo t-shirt. Clothes like these then just get worn around the house, though the collar becomes itchy and all stiff, and it isn’t comfortable to wear after a period of time.

Price and availability

You should expect to pay between £20 and £30 for the Diesel Polo T-shirt. I think this price is quite fair, and it is in line with what other major brands offer their polo t-shirts for. You will always be advised to shop around for the best deal, but when you find a colour and style you like you might not have a huge choice of retailers to buy from.

Final thoughts

The polo t-shirt may not have the best reputation with regards to the type of people that wear them, but they do look smart at first. I think the polo t-shirt is a smart alternative to a t-shirt, but you may aswell just put a shirt on and ditch the jogging bottoms for a smart pair of trousers or jeans. Over time and after numerous occasions in the wash you will need to get rid and start again. Perhaps I am not taking care of the clothing, but the polo t-shirt is something I will not be stocking up on, that’s for sure.

• GeorgieH1994 published 03/02/2017
    great review
  • kiss_me2070 published 09/01/2017
    VH.
  • chrisandmark_is_here published 07/01/2017
    Love Diesel, hate polo shirts x