Direct Line Breakdown Service

Direct Line Breakdown Service

Tel: 0845 246 8702; Website: http://www.directline.com/

Review of "Direct Line Breakdown Service"

published 05/03/2001 | leahslad
Member since : 01/03/2001
Pro Brilliant Service
Cons Average cost - but you get what you pay for.
Speed Of Response
Cost
Level Of Cover
Customer Service

"Highly Recommended"

Direct Line rescue are admittedly my first rescue company, although I would happily recommend them to anyone. I had to shop around and although I have since changed, this was merely because I couldn't afford to keep up the payments.

I am not complaining, if I could afford to go with Direct Line again then I undoubtedly would, and their rates for older drivers are certainly very competitive, but not for younger drivers. I am only 18 and just switched, but I had to call upon Direct Line twice in my time with them.

My first occassion was in Scotland - well almost!. I was on a cross country drive from my home in Swindon and got to Gretna, a place far from anywhere (and no I wasn't eloping!). Direct Line answered my call from a payphone and picked me up before taking me to my car over 3 miles away. They happily serviced it and found the problem counldn't be sorted - so they sorted me with a trip home and even got my car back too!. Superb.

The second time was when I was nearer to home, breaking down on the M4. This time they arrived within 10 minutes of my call and sorted the car on the spot with minimal fuss and no real problems. I signed one piece of paper to say that I had been seen to and that was it. Then the engineer followed me for another few miles to check all was in order, then I happily waved him on and continued home.

An excellent service, although there are cheaper options around this one was brilliant, and if you don't need to call them out, you get a 'no call out' bonus - a bit like car insurance. All is good then. Certainly worth the security if you can afford it but do look around first if you want cheaper cover. For service though, this is definitely number one.

• pakalang published 13/03/2001
    u didn't specify the rates then.. it would be more helpful if you mention how much you're paying for their service so that people can make comparisons.. cheers :)
  • CareBear published 05/03/2001
    It's good to hear feedback like this... helps so much with product selection - great op!