Direct Line Breakdown Service

Direct Line Breakdown Service

Tel: 0845 246 8702; Website: http://www.directline.com/

Review of "Direct Line Breakdown Service"

published 28/02/2010 | Joost888
Member since : 28/02/2010
Pro Was happy with service over 14 year period.
Cons Can't be trusted.
Speed Of Response
Cost
Level Of Cover
Customer Service

"Can't be trusted!"

After 14 years with Direct Line I have just cancelled my Motor Insurance policy. The renewal notice I received showed a year on year increase of 20%. On challenging this I was offered a small reduction (??) bringing the annual increase down to 14%! I found this totally unacceptable and informed Direct Line to cancel my renewal. Having shopped around I have now taken out a policy with AXA for 1.1% less then I paid Direct Line over the past year. Clearly Direct Line does not value and recognise loyal customers! No doubt I will be shopping around when my Direct Line Home & Contents Insurance comes up for renewal later this year.
Other then that I have never had any reason to be dissatisfied with Direct Line but I won't be able to trust them in the future! Sorry.

• ALM1 published 28/02/2010
    Welcome to Ciao! Sorry to rate low, but it helps customers to have a little more information about the company and the all-round service you have received. As you were with them 14 years you obviously have a lot of experience to draw on. If you do add anything more to the review, please let me know and I would be happy to re-rate.
  • Tempus_Fugit published 28/02/2010
    All insurance companies increase their premiums and it pays to play them off against each other. I am currently using Direct Line for my home insurance but Tesco were happy to reduce their premium to almost as cheap as Direct Line. Come August I will do the same again, the only way to get cheap insurance it appears.
  • chilcott1 published 28/02/2010
    It always pays to shop around anyway