Direct Line Car Insurance

Direct Line Car Insurance

Review of "Direct Line Car Insurance"

published 05/10/2003 | mr_brown_eye
Member since : 03/07/2003
Pro Everything is easy eg any assistance required, competative prices
Cons can charge a lot extra for modified cars

"The only silver lining after a crash"

I am at the beginning of my forth year of driving now and a 20 years of age it is still very hard to find a decently priced insurance quote.

Even though i drive a small car (ford Ka) with a small engine (1.3) and a low insurance group (Group 2) and 3 years no claims bonus, it is almost impossible to find a company that can quote me under £1000 per year fully comprehensive, Until i contacted direct line.....

These were pretty much my last quote as i had been through so many companys who were quoting £1000 upwards and i though a company the size of direct line would follow the same route as the other big company's (eg norwich union and CIS) and quote un-neccessaryly high prices.

I found to my amazement that i couldn't have been more wrong, they had undercut my prior lowest quote by just under £400 to give me a quote of £608.62 fully comprehensive with no excess on the policy, free courtesy car, roadside assistance, 24 hour customer care and all the other usual additions.

I was quite happy with this and instantly agreed to pay, as i only earn an average wage i chose to pay monthly, and the APR on the monthly plan was very low, i can't remember the exact figure but it only worked out around £30 for the year extra to pay monthly rather than all at once, so i did.

What made it even easier was i did all this online, there was no being put on hold or passed around an office, it was just a few clicks of a mouse and i was insured, i also received a 5% discount for signing up online, which was included in the final sum of £608.62.

The website it'self www.directline.co.uk is very well set out and easy to navigate, it is a very informative site and does not keep you waiting for things to load for ever it is all very quick and efficient. There is also other sections of the site for home, travel, life, pet insurance and also areas for loans, mortgages, pensions etc.

There was no trouble with proving no claims bonuses as i rang direct line and got straight through, the lady on the other end asked who i was insured with previously, when i replied TESCO she said she didn't need a certifcate of no claims proof as TESCO are affilliates of direct line and her computer could log in to TESCO to prove my no claims, which saved time and hassel.

I would have no problems reccommending direct line motor insurance to anybody, the quotes are cheap, the service standard is excelent, and up to press i have not been held on the phone with them for more than a couple of minutes, everything about there service has been impecable.

• srxwilson published 08/10/2003
    I've insured with them for the first time this year and as well as being the cheapest I found they are extremely helpful and efficient. When I wanted to increase my annual mileage from 10-15000miles, they did it straightaway over the phone and only charged an extra £13 on my premium! Cheers, Sarah
  • lil_kayb published 06/10/2003
    you are getting good at this review lark!!! kayx
  • ElizaF published 05/10/2003
    great op. if we did not use them already, you would probably convert us :) xx E.

Product Information : Direct Line Car Insurance