Direct Line Mortgages

Direct Line Mortgages

Review of "Direct Line Mortgages"

published 20/11/2003 | Mingmogmug
Member since : 21/06/2003
Pro Will lend large amounts of money
Cons Will lend large amounts of money!!

"Is it worth it?"

I have a Direct line mortgage and took it out just over 2 years ago. The big advantage with them is that they will lend on the basis of affordability and not just simple multipliers like most lenders. However, this can cause problems. Me and my missus earn somewhere in the region of £40000 a year between us, not a huge amount of money. However, Direct Line said in principle, they would lend us £300000!!! I never went for it but you have to be concerned with the policy of such a company. How could we possibly afford to repay that sort of money and live a good life. It is ludicrous. Also, they will lend at 95% initially but should your house increase in value and you then borrow against the equity, they will knock that down to 90% and not tell you. I was not impressed and they simply said ' thats what we do '. No communication but they do offer a good amount of money for what you earn and is a good option, should you want to borrow over the usual multiplier options favoured by most lenders. However, their customer service does leave a little to be desired. Just hope you don't run into any difficulties......

Product Information : Direct Line Mortgages