Dishmatic Scourer Washing up Liquid Dispenser

Dishmatic Scourer Washing up Liquid Dispenser

Duster/Cloth/Sponge, Washing Up/Dishes

Review of "Dishmatic Scourer Washing up Liquid Dispenser"

published 16/04/2012 | pinky50
Member since : 16/11/2010
My beautiful mum passed away this year and I had lost my way and mojo writing reviews but am hoping that I can have it back soon. Having more down days recently than up but getting there slowly.
Pro Easy to hold and grip.
Cons None.

"A washing up dispenser."

I bought this dispenser because when I saw it and read the back of the item how it worked, I decided it would be suitable for washing my dishes. I thought the design of it was worth a go and since it was also quite cheap, I thought if I didn't like it I wouldn't have wasted a lot of money.

It comes in a cardboard sleeve, which has the instructions on the back of the sleeve. It has a long handle which can be filled with any washing up liquid you like to use to wash your dishes. It has a long handle which is transparent so you can clearly see when the washing up liquid needs to be replaced inside the tube. The top part of the dispenser is a bright lime green colour and it has an opening at the top which just clips open, it has a fairly large hole at the top of the tube to just pour the washing up liquid into the tube and then to just clip the top back into place again.

The tube is a really strong plastic which is smooth on one side and a kind of design on the front and just kind of like a grid pattern. It has a scourer at the end of the dispenser which is used to wash the dishes. The grid design is designed to give for a good grip of the tube while washing the dishes so that it doesn't slip from the hands. It is really light too and not at all heavy with the liquid inside.

The pad has a rough side which is green in colour and a heavy duty pad, it has a black plastic attachment on the back of the scourer to hold it in place onto the dispenser. The scourer is already on the dispenser and ready to go and just to fill the tube with your favourite liquid. So no need to place a scourer on it when first purchased. The scourer can easily be taken from the dispenser by just pulling the end of it to click and slide it from the dispenser. Really easy to do with little effort needed.

I find this is a super dispenser to use to wash my dishes, it protects my hands and is easy to use. I find it reaches inside the cups really well to clean the bottom of the cups. It cleans saucepans really well and doesn't scratch the surfaces. With this one I wash my stainless steel sink with it, because it is just a heavy duty scourer and not the extra duty one it means it is much more gentle on surfaces.

I clean all my dishes with this dispenser and what I like about it is I can just wash my dishes without having to sometimes use any washing up liquid in my water because the liquid inside the tube washes the dishes. I do add a little liquid to my water though because I just like a little extra in the sink, but that is just my preference. I just prefer the added amount in the water.

I don't use this every time I wash my dishes and usually only use it when my hands are painful and I need to not squeeze a scourer because this does the work for me and so helps my hands to be less painful until the pain has eased a little. I do struggle with pain in my hands at times and this dispenser has helped quite a bit to help those bad pain days.

I really love this product, I have found it to be of a very good quality and super value for the price of just around £1.35. replacement pads can be bought to replace the original pad, and can be bought in packs of 3 for around the same price of £1.35. So this dispenser can be used for a very long time and over and over again. The tube is really strong and doesn't bend or snap while putting pressure onto the pans or surface etc. I like the way I can see when I am running low of the liquid inside the dispenser.

I find it works well with just water in the sink and to use the liquid from the actual dispenser to wash the dishes. I do however like to add a small amount of washing up liquid to the water because I think it works just that little bit better with this product. It is fine used without any extra liquid in the sink and I usually just use it that way when I am wanting to wash just a couple of dishes, it works well to wash them.

I love this dispenser, I have found it has worked well to wash dishes, I think it is so affordable and I love the idea of the replacement pads being available in supermarkets instead of having to buy them over the internet or from a supplier. With this one they can just be picked up and bought at supermarkets and just so convenient to buy.

I highly do recommend this product, I think it is well worth the money, is easy to replace the pads and most of all it helps my hands on my very bad days. It gives me all the results that I expect from this kind of product. I don’t know how long it would last used on a daily basis because I use it alongside my usual scourers but I would say it is very durable and probably last for a very long time, possibly a year or so and just then to replace the pads.

I give this 5 stars.

Thank you for reading my review and I hope it has been of some help.

• Coloneljohn published 28/04/2012
    Handy. John
  • Jake_Speed published 20/04/2012
    Very nicely reviewed.
  • Nar2 published 17/04/2012
    Like most antibacterial soaps, I find Carex too drying.