Disklok

Disklok

Review of "Disklok"

published 04/02/2002 | jamez
Member since : 21/01/2002
Pro Thatcham Approved, Visual Deterrent, Best in its class.
Cons Heavy and expensive

"Heavy Metal Protection Keeps Cowboys Away"

Website
--------

What it is?
-----------
It is a steering wheel security device.

How much is it?
---------------
I purchased mine at Halfords for 80 pounds.
I haven't found it on the internet and this seemed strange - anyone any ideas where to look?

Why is it so special
----------------------
1. It is the only selling steering wheel device which covers the entire steering wheel.
2. It is Thatcham approved
3. They reckon it takes over 5 minutes to break it.

What I think
-------------
I think its great, normally they come in a very bright yellow, just like the single bar crook locks however mine is in a stylish silver and matches my car. Maybe this detracts from the deterrent feature a little but as it covers the entire steering wheel I don't find it a problem.
It is heavy and sometimes a little difficult to maneuver, particularly if the two halves come open before I want them to. Once you've mastered the weight of it, it is easy to apply and only takes me about 10 seconds to put on and maybe 15 to take off.
I feel the best security feature is the deterrant, it is very secure and the casual thief will not be able to break it open. Also it protects your cars internal steering wheel lock (which you can enable just by turning the wheel after you've removed your ignition key.)
from being forced as it will spin happily around.
The website lists some impressive facts such as all the tests that they've done on it.
And whilst some of the test do get through it takes a very long while. Any security device can be broken into by the most determined and professional car thief, but I'd like to think that my car is well protected from the casual car thief.
With all that in mind it is just a shame that my insurance company didn't want to give me a discount for using it :(

Overall
--------
It is a lot of money to shell out, but I think it is worth it and it will last a very long while.

• Keith_Devil published 09/04/2002
    I could do with one of these living where I do but £80 is a bit steep!
  • wilsam00 published 09/02/2002
    My friends car had one of these to wake up one morning to find big hammer bashes in it!. The car was still there and its belongings!.
  • moose published 04/02/2002
    Hey! Its good to see opinions in this category - it makes a change! Well written, compact and all the useful info needed.