Review of "Disney's Animal Kingdom"

published 20/06/2001 | one2escape
Member since : 14/07/2000
Pro Can get covered in a day or less
Cons Not enough of must do things

"Not Bad Could do Better"

Disney’s Animal Kingdom

The Animal Kingdom is Disney’s latest park. When I went last year I was really looking forward to this park but surprisingly the park disappointed me. Compared to the other Disney Parks this is by far the weakest one. That doesn’t mean it is rubbish it just isn’t as good as the other parks.

Like all of the other parks there is a big landmark to meet at if you get lost. In this park it is the tree of life. This tree is over 41-meter’s high and has more than 325 animals carved into it. It is an awesome sight and you u have to wonder what would happen if some carved one of the creatures wrong? Anyways like every attraction in Disney Mickey Mouse in there somewhere but where is he? Inside the tree of life is a 3D show its tough to be a bug. This is a 3D show which features bugs and stars the wee characters from a Bugs Life. It is a laugh so go and see it.

The major ride in the park is the Kilmanjaro Safaris. This is ride in a Jeep threw a game reserve. This is a ride and has really cheesy acting in it and some bad accents. We had a South African and my girlfriend and I was dying to laugh but restrained ourselves! Threw your journey you can see a number of different animals including giraffes lions and elephants. If you can put up with the accents it is very entertaining and informative.

That ride operates the “Fast Pass” system. This system is good if everything is working correctly. I used this system in EPCOT and the fast pass queue was slower than the normal one. This was due to the ride breaking down, nothing to serious though just a problem loading and unloading people on it.

Nearby this ride is a water raft ride. Its one of those you will get wet, you may even get soaked rides. A real hoot. However compared to the one in Universal Studios Islands of Adventure this ride was a bit tamer. When we were there was no queue at all and we went on twice without stopping! This is why we go to Orlando in the ‘off’ season. Last year we went in January and this year we are going in November. Florida is warm the whole year round but it does get cool at night the times we go. One year there was frost, yes frost, on our car!

Back to the Animal Kingdom. One piece of advice go no where near the Tarzan Rocks show. It stinks beyond believe. We wanted to walk out but we where to near the front but the people at the back where escaping. We weren’t the only ones saying that basically everyone was!

One thing I have to say about this park is that, I think, this is based a lot more to younger kids compared to the to the other parks. Some people may disagree to this but that’s what I think.

The other main ride here is Dinosaur. This is a mix of the films back to the future and Jurassic Park. You mission is to go back in time and pick up a dinosaur to safe them from extinction. This ride is a moving ride and is quite jerky at times so if you have a bad back etc do not ride it. It is quite exciting and worth a go. It does have jumpy moments so if you have smaller kids you might want to check it out yourself before riding.

The lion king show is very colourful and isn’t to bad. If you need a rest, rest here. Another thing about this park is that you can go through all rides and see everything in about a ½ day. I suggest going to this park first. The reason I say this is that, if like me you are staying in the resort or have a multi-day pass, you can break yourself into the routine of going round the parks here. It also a lot less stressful here as it is usually a lot quieter compared to the other parks. Also if you finish going round the park early you can go to a water park and relax. I will be going to this park first when I have my first full day in Disney. So if you are Orlando on 12th November I could see you in the park.

There were a number of other wee shows and nature trails, which were ok. They blended in if you know what I mean. They were not rubbish but they weren’t really memorial.

An overall report of this park would, like my own report would be, good but could do better.

• purplifried published 31/12/2006
    I totally agree with you review, although we didn't even notice the jeep ride thing when we were there, oh well sure i didn't miss to much.
  • teresa091976 published 21/10/2005
    disney animal kingdon was good and enjoyable would go back but go there first as i think it was the smallest of them all
  • r-rackham published 20/06/2001
    I'm off to Orlando in September, so I shall be there before you. Ha! ONly joking. Great op, cheers, Ray

offers "Disney's Animal Kingdom"

Product Information : Disney's Animal Kingdom