Disney's Greatest Hits (Original Soundtrack) - Disney

Disney's Greatest Hits (Original Soundtrack) - Disney

3 CD(s) - Children's Music - Label: EMI Music Distribution - Distributor: Plastic Head - Released: 14/11/2005 - 94634124621 - Studio / Live: Studio

Review of "Disney's Greatest Hits (Original Soundtrack) - Disney"

published 02/10/2013 | muffin11
Member since : 27/02/2013
Pro Great songs, old and new
Cons None
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"Yo ho yo ho, A Disney CD for me!"

I swore to myself that I would never be one of those parents, the one that buys a kids CD with a ton of annoying songs on it that make you sing all the words to the wheels on the bus/Old McDonald/etc/etc but here I am, the proud owner of Disney's Greatest Hits. However, I am a huge Disney fan and I absolutely love these songs so even though they are for kids they bring back so many happy childhood memories for me and is a CD I can really listen to in my kids when the kids are along for the ride.

What I love about Disney songs is that they are always upbeat and fun and ones you can really sing along with. There are always lots of musical instruments featured in the songs and good singers. There are so many classics on this CD that are quite old as well as some new Disney songs as well. The thing I like about these songs is that they take you back to a time when life was a bit simpler and honest and these are songs that have really stood the test of time. This CD was released in 2005.

Listening to them is so much fun because it really does transport me back to so many fun days spent at THe Disneyland park in California. These songs are the ones you will hear all around you when you immerse yourself in Disney culture and life. It's innocent and fun and its the kind of music that I really like my kids to listen to.

The CD itself actually features three CD's which are all packed in a plastic CD case that folds in three, allowing you to store all of them safely and securely. We have now actually added these CD's to our iPods so I just play it in the car through my iPod that is plugged which keeps the CD"s stored but nice and protected should you need them again. The CD"s were easy to add to the iPod and went on easily first time.

The cover of the CD is really lovely. It features Mickey Mouse playing a gorgeous Grand Piano and with pictures of all your other favourite characters such as Simba, Bambi and Snow White.

I think the flow of the songs is good although at some points in the CD you get quite an upbeat song and then it is followed by a slower song so you have to readjust your singing voice and dance moves to slow down a bit, very important when you have small kids listening to this with you.

1. Can You Feel the Love Tonight
2. A Whole New World
3. Beyond the Sea
4. I Wan'na Be Like You (The Monkey Song)
5. Heigh-Ho

2. Circle of Life
3. Beauty and the Beast
4. Friend Like Me
5. A Star Is Born
6. Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo (The Magic Song)
7. Hakuna Matata
17. We Are One
18. Someday
19. Can't Help Falling in Love
20. Cruella de Vil

1. Yo, Ho! (A Pirate's Life for Me)
2. Jungle Rhythm
3. Scales and Arpeggios
4. The Beautiful Briny
5. Bella Notte
6. You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!
7. I Won't Say (I'm in Love)
8. On My Way
15. Pink Elephants on Parade
16. The Aristocats
17. WH's Afraid of the Big, Bad Wolf
18. The Ballad of Davy Crockett
19. Colonel Hathi's March (The Elephant Song)
20. Dancin' (A Catchy Rhythm)

For all Disney fans this CD will definitely not disappoint, a classic that will be a much valued part of your collection.

• mumsymary published 03/10/2013
    But I like the wheels on the bus been singing it for 40 years or more
  • Bandersnatch111 published 02/10/2013
    Can't help but love some of The Disney songs :)
  • Brownie_Queen published 02/10/2013
    We have something very similar - admittedly more for me than the kids!