Do you believe in life after death?

Do you believe in life after death?

Review of "Do you believe in life after death?"

published 15/11/2004 | aliree
Member since : 07/10/2002
Me at a rodeo in Canada, I don't usually wear a stetson!
Good
Pro Not Fearing Death
Cons Not Really Knowing Until It's Too Late!

"IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?"

Do I believe in life after death? I would have to say I think I do. At least, I would like to believe in it. Let's face it, who wouldn't?

I have come across a few people who believe that when you die, that's it. Nothing. Personally, I find that quite sad. Surely, when their time comes they will be really scared to go. I think for most of us, we hope there is something more because it brings us comfort. It makes the thought of our own mortality a little less scary but life after death theories also bring a huge amount of comfort when you have lost a loved one. If you can still talk to them and you believe they can hear you, then you don't feel quite so bereft.

Personally, I have a very scientific and logical mind. I have been called an evidence seeker. It's true. I am always trying to find a scientific reason for things. If I could disprove life after death, I probably would. But I can't. I have been given too much evidence that I really can't explain away.

A good example was about 8 years ago. I was working on a large farming estate and worked in the estate office. Most of the time I was in there on my own and quite often I would find my attention was drawn to a small room off of the main office area for no reason.

One sunny day, I was all alone in my office, stood up from my desk and pushed my chair back with my legs as I stood up. I turned around with some paperwork and promptly tripped over my desk.

Just as I was mid trip, a very well spoken man behind me said, "You stupid great oaf!"

Well, as you can imagine, I was less than amused at being insulted by a complete stranger. I turned to give him and earful and there was noone there. I ran out of the building into the yard and it was deserted. Believe me, nobody could have escaped. The insult came out of thin air.

When I made some enquiries, I discovered that the previous owner of the estate, who was deceased, used to have his desk in the small office I was constantly drawn to. He was also very well spoken and to put it politely, quite an abrupt man. Bearing in mind the word oaf is quite an old fashioned term and a word I have never used in my life, I can only assume that insult came from him. I am convinced he was still lurking in the estate office.

Having since had to face up to my own mortality on two occasions, with cancer, I can answer the question as follows:

Is there life after death?

I hope so.

• purplelynne published 21/11/2004
    I hope so too. Lynne x
  • teacherofhooch published 16/11/2004
    I have had many experiences. Reading y our review reminded me of a time I was in work many years ago - I was alone and locked in due to an intercom system. I was talking on the phone when someone spoke to me and touched me on the head. Like you I looked around the building which was a three storie house. I was quite scared at the time. Linda
  • motherjoanb published 16/11/2004
    I believe there is life after death, thats why I am not afraid to die, but I hope I will be here for a long time to come, there is still loads I want to do before I go. great review. Joan x

Product Information : Do you believe in life after death?

Listed on Ciao since: 15/02/2002