Do you still celebrate Halloween?

Review of "Do you still celebrate Halloween?"

published 29/10/2017 | mummytobe78
Member since : 20/07/2014
Trying to catch up after being in hospital for an op. Will get to rating all reviews ASAP
Pro Fun
Cons Too much sweets

"Trick or Treat"

Do you still celebrate Halloween?

Halloween to me used to mean either doing nothing or dressing up for a night in the pub. Since having my son I have made much more effort for his sake.

We started by decorating the house. We bought most of the decorations from pound shops and B and M so did not need to spend a fortune. Harry got vert excited when we were doing the decorating and does an excellent impression of pretending he is scared! We decorated our table, blew up balloons, put up window decorations and have a very strange looking witch beside the television. Even though the decorations will only be up a few days it is a bit of fun while they are up.

Being 2 years old of course Harry has a better social life than Mummy! This year he has 3 Halloween parties with his different toddler groups as well as a Halloween party on Tuesday morning at the soft play we go to every week. We will also be going round family trick or treating on Tuesday evening and my Mother in law wants us to go to her bowling club after that so her friends can see Harry.

The weekend was also Halloween based. On Saturday we attended a Halloween festival in our town. This was a brilliant day with plenty for children including funfair rides, a ghost train, storytelling, balloon sculpting, pumpkin carving, characters such as Peter Pan and Paw Patrol pups who the children could get pictures with, a huge ball pit, soft play and an animal man who gave the children the chance to hold animals such as snakes and spiders. In the evening there was a huge Halloween parade followed by a fire show. We spent a good 8 hours there and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.

Today was a lazy day and we carved some pumpkins and made some Halloween biscuits and cakes.

Of course with all these activities comes a lot of dressing up. Harry loves dressing up at any time so he is loving this week as he has not had to wear normal clothes at all. He has dressed up as a little monster, Chase from Paw Patrol, a pirate, spiderman, a lion, and he still has Marshall from Paw Patrol and a vampire for Tuesday. I did buy some of the costumes on 1st November last year and got them VERY cheap. I plan to do the same this year. Halloween costumes can be expensive to buy, especially if you are getting a few like I do. So planning a year ahead can save a fortune. Of course I am running the risk that the size I guess he will be will be wrong but in that case I can probably sell them and still make a profit as I will get them so cheap.

The only downside to Halloween for us is the amount of chocolate and sweets Harry gets. I am quite strict on the amount I let him eat and there is no way he will ever get through it all on the amount I allow him to have. Last year there was still Halloween chocolate left at Christmas. I llan on trying to melt some of the chocolate to make rice crispie cakes etc and he can share those with his cousins and friends.

I think this is the first year Harry has been old enough to really enjoy Halloween and all the activities. I am looking forward to future years when he will enjoy it even more and no doubt every year I will go more overboard on costumes and decorations!

Thank you for reading and I hope everyone has a spooktacular Halloween.

• Secre published 21/11/2017
    VH
  • euphie published 17/11/2017
    vh :o)
  • Mickie26 published 11/11/2017
    Well done for winning the competition. Interesting read.

Product Information : Do you still celebrate Halloween?

Listed on Ciao since: 25/10/2017