Review of "Domestos Bleach"

published 22/07/2009 | katykicker
Member since : 11/12/2005
Back writing & RATING! If you would like to be added to my COT please do let me know :) No need to thank me for E's unless you fancy a chat :)
Pro Nice clean scent, great at keeping limescale at bay, toilet always looks clean and white, safety c
Cons None
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Kills germs - DEAD!"

Bleach is something that most households will require from time to time and this is something that I do not want to scrimp on as I want to have the best quality product to use the minimum amount to get the job done.

The bottle is plastic and is the familiar Domestos blue colour with a paper label showing what the product is and how to dilute it for various jobs such as cleaning floors, cleaning toilets etc and I use this product for cleaning the loo only. It has a handy nozzle on the top which is designed for the bottle to be twisted and squirted underneath the rim of the toilet seat and around the bowl.

If I want to just refresh the smell in the bathroom or keep the bottle clean and free of limescale then I will add one capful to the water and just flush the chain. I always pour some around the bowl and allow this to slowly drain down in to the water for 30 minutes or so before I flush the chain. The water becomes foamy and there is a slight smell of the bleach in the air (smells clean to me!). I never have any limescale marks and I am always happy with how clean the loo looks and how fresh it smells.

The bottle has a safety feature cap where two points must be pressed in while the cap is being turned and this is designed to stop children from being able to open the bottle and potentially drink this (highly dangerous).

This product is currently on offer for £1.00 in Asda for the 750ml bottle and it's normal price is £1.15 in Tesco, Asda & Waitrose and it's £1.16 in Sainsburys so it's very competitively priced. I think that this price is a bargain and I get at least a months usage, if not more, from this bottle.

I have no bad points to mention about this product, it's easy to use and is suitable for using under the rim of the toilet seat to ensure that all the germs are caught and killed and Domestos claims to kill 99% of germs DEAD! I am therefore rating this product 5/5.

• paulpry118 published 29/07/2009