Dorado palace apartment Hotel, Salou

Dorado palace apartment Hotel, Salou

Review of "Dorado palace apartment Hotel, Salou"

published 10/12/2001 | veramck
Member since : 11/11/2001
Pro excellent family resort
Cons a lot of building work still going on

"Salou and the Dorado palace apartments"

Last year I took my family on holiday to Salou, I had never been to mainland spain before so did not know what to expect. I was delighted to find that the Dorado palace aparthotel lived up to its description in the brochure.

This aparthotel is a relatively new complex. We stayed in the apartments which are one bedroom and have satellite television. They are cleaned daily and are decorated to a very high standard, although we had booked self catering the restaurant was such good value for money that we often had breakfast and our evening meal there it usually cost about £10-£15 per person.

There was entertainment every evening which catered for all age groups. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and there are security guards evident in the evening to prevent lager louts etc. from entering the apartments.

The apartments are located about 10 -15 minutes from the centre of town so we often spent our evenings there. There are numerous places to stop for a bite to eat and many of the pubs do a full english breakfast for those who like the taste of home.

The best part of the holiday was our visit to PortAventura we spent the whole day there and the fireworks at the end of the night are definitely not to be missed. As we had booked with Airtours we got free one day passes for all the family.

Other trips worthy of a mention is the trip to Barcelona to see the dancing fountains and the trip to neucamp for all football fans. The trip to the sunday market is to be recommended for all bargain hunters.

Although our apartments where of a very high standard I would recommend that visitors chose apartments and hotels that are quite newly built as friends who have visited Salou in the past have found themselves in hotels which leave a lot to be desired including many apartment blocks which have spaniards resident all year round and only certain apartments for tourists.

There is still a lot of building work in Salou with many new apartments and hotels being built although I found that our Lunn Polly travel agent was very honest about where to go and where not to go.

• ChigwellChick published 05/01/2002
    I really need a holiday!!! Jackie
  • SusanLesley published 16/12/2001
    I went here in the 70's to the Taurus Park Hotel and it was great - not too commercialised then although I don't know how much it will have changed by now, Susan
  • Broksababie published 10/12/2001