Dove Body Silk

Dove Body Silk

Moisturiser

Review of "Dove Body Silk"

published 17/06/2002 | drunkenabby007
Member since : 05/04/2002
Pro Smell, packaging, moisturisor itself
Cons Perhaps a bit pricey just for a body cream?
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?
How does it affect your skin?

"Dove Body Silk"

Dove Body Silk is a fantastic moituriser which is far more luxurious than your bog standard body lotion. It's very thick and creamy, and seems to melt into your skin like ice cream rather than being thin and runny like a lot of lotions on the market. It comes in a tub, as opposed to a bottle, so you scoop out the contents, which I think is fab!

The packagine of Dove Body Silk is, like the rest of the range, simple but stylish. The 300ml tub is curved, made of white plastic with the familiar 'Dove' logo in blue italics. It also carried a picture of a gold dove, which I like is quie classy! It has a screw lid, and you use your fingers to take out the moistuiser as you want it, so there is no danger of squeezing out too much and losing it. The downside of this however is that it can be a bit messy, but not that badly.

The cream itself, as I said is very thick and white, and its effects are amazing. It is quickly absobred into the skin, so it is easy to apply. The name doesn't lie, as it does turn your skin into silk! I have very dry skin, and usually use Vaseline intensive care, which, whilst it does the job very well, it doesn't leave my skin feeling so amazing! I don't have a clue how it does it, but your skin is left feeling soft and smooth and irresistable! Fantastic!

The smell of this product is also brilliant. It's quite a delicate fragrance which is quite sweet, but as it's not that strong, it's not at all overpowering. It lingers on your skin for a few hours which is lovely, but doesn't distract from your perfume. It's also one of those scents which smells very different when it's actually being worn than it does when it's in the pot, so I'd advise you try a bit on your skin.

Downsides? It's not cheap - I think I paid around £4 for mine, which, for a high street brand, I think is quite expensive. I also seem to use quite a lot, but as I only use it when I'm going out, my tub has lasted me quite well. As it's not in a bottle I also know a few people who aren't huge fans. But overall I think this is a brilliant product which, if you like soft, smooth skin, you'll adore!

It's readily available from most supermarkets and high street stores, but I'd advise looking around for the best deal.

Enjoy!

• junkboxjules published 03/08/2002
    I haven't seen this before, it sounds quite nice so I'll look out for it. Julie
  • MonkeyMoo published 22/07/2002
    ooh, think I might check this out when my Nivea Q10 is finished
  • Connoisseur_Haggler1 published 28/06/2002
    thanks for informing this is now in the correct 'dove silk' category. I have re-rated to VH. -CH(P.S. Just a tip dont forget to fill the 4 ciao product selection bars at the top-this will help your opinion gain a better rating and reward :-How does it affect your skin? not rated,Does it smell good? not rated ,How easily is it absorbed?, not rated Value for money not rated)