Dove Cream Wash

Review of "Dove Cream Wash"

published 15/07/2010 | hayleigh_18
Member since : 04/09/2008
Pro Smooth and creamy.... not expensive if bought on offer
Cons None!
Does it smell good?

"Smooth and Creamy - give your hands a treat..."

Dove Cream Wash

Dove Cream Wash is a liquid soap, also known as hand wash, and is designed to gently cleanse your skin; preserving the skins natural balance; and preventing the skin from drying out.

Dove is part of Unilever, a company that also brings to us; Impulse, Lynx, Vaseline, Sure, Persil, Comfort, Domestos, Comfort, Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum, Carte D’Or, Marmite, Elmlea, Flora, and Hellman’s just to name (quite) a few!

5 senses…. Or maybe just 2

Feel
I find this hand wash to be very thick in consistency, which is of course a luxury, which means that my hands need to be wet before use, otherwise it can be difficult to spread around your hands.

The product has a very creamy feel to it as the name suggests, almost like silk, and when lathered up a small amount of product will go a long way!

Dove claim that this product, containing ¼ Active Moisturiser Cream, will leave your hands with a “moisturised feeling”, however, I feel that this hand wash does not do an adequate enough moisturising job for me; this could be because I am completely addicted to hand cream, I can’t go anywhere without it; the results for you may be different. If nothing else though, this cream wash does leave you hands very well cleansed and smelling good!

Smell
The aroma of this product is very much the same as Dove Original products. For those of you who have never smelt Dove before it is quite a difficult scent to explain, but I can say that it smells creamy, clean and fresh. Hands are left smelling strongly fresh for a period of time after use…

Packaging

Dove Cream Wash comes in thick, but lightweight, plastic bottle; I have only seen these bottles in 250ml as of yet which is quite small in comparison to some other hand washes on the market and therefore may not be most suitable for larger households and such.

The bottle is pure white, with some Blue writing on its front, including the DOVE logo, and it has a thick-looking blue pump. Its elegant design would compliment any bathroom or kitchen.

The pump used to dispense the product is very easy to use, and is very durable; in the past I have had hand washes where the pump has given up half way through the bottle probably because of regular use; this is a waste of product and so annoying and of all the bottles of Dove Cream Wash that I have used so far this has never happened with one of them.

Price and Availability

This Dove Cream Wash seems to be available in all supermarkets and many cosmetics stores such as Boots and Superdrug. It can also be found in some corner shops and over the internet.

I have also bagged offers with this hand wash from time to time including “buy 4 for £3” which I feel is a real bargain for a deluxe product.

Tesco – Currently £1 and currently on offer – “buy 4 for £3”
Asda – Currently £1.88
Boots – Currently £1.99

Ingredients

Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate (A)/Sodium C12-13 Pareth Sulfate (B)*, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Allantoin, Sodium Lactate, TEA-Lactate, Serine, Lactic Acid, Urea, Sorbitol, Acrylates Copolymer, Isopropyl Palmitate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Parfum, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool.

Having sat here for 10 minutes carefully typing all these strange ingredients out I have since come to realise that I probably could have typed any old gibberish here and most of you would be none the wiser lol – Not that I would ever do that to you of course!

Recommendable?

Having given this product 5 out of 5 stars, I would most certainly recommend it! I would recommend this to anybody wanting to opt for a little luxury; it’s certainly a luxurious product, only, it comes with a small price tag!

I have no complaints with the product what so ever, only that I wish it came in bigger sized bottles.

www.dove.com

www.unilever.co.uk

• MrBrightside1987 published 18/10/2010
    Sounds like a treat, great review :) xx
  • clocktower published 30/08/2010
    I'll be trying this, thanks.
  • vickymason9000 published 20/08/2010