Dove Go Fresh Body Wash

Dove Go Fresh Body Wash

Body Wash

Review of "Dove Go Fresh Body Wash"

published 01/05/2012 | suziedre1
Member since : 01/04/2012
Hi, I have arrived here from dooyoo, and am very much still learning this site. I will be posting the same reviews as I do them on dooyoo, and posting old reviews on here. Suzie x
Pro Smells great, skin left soft
Cons Not sure it's worth the usual price of £2; bottle design
Does it smell good?

"Zingy pomegranate in the shower"

I tend to get bored using the same shower gels all the time, and I'm always on the look out for bargains in the beauty aisle when I'm out shopping.

This Pomegranate Revive Bodywash from Dove caught my eye in Sainsbury's recently, as it was reduced from its normal price of £2 down to 90p.

Dove obviously is a very well know brand name and when you buy their products, you pretty much know what you're getting, and you can rely on them to work well.

This bodywash is for use in the shower, but I see no reason why you couldn't pour this into a bath for a nice bubble bath too.

The bodywash comes in a white plastic bottle. It is curved at the sides and tapers to a narrower top. At the top is a pink plastic lid which you flip open so the product can be dispensed. Annoyingly, the bottle sits upright. I prefer bottles of shampoo, shower gel etc to stand on their end so all the product sinks towards the lid. It's more convenient and less wasteful. Once this starts running out, I will have to lean it against something in order to get the last dregs of bodywash out!

On the front of the bottle is the Dove logo in blue, along with a picture of a juicy looking pomegranate wedge, and a smaller pink label at the bottle to say it contains 'NutriumMoisture' - which, according to Dove, nourishes your skin while you shower.

When you squeeze out the bodywash, it comes out quickly so you may squeeze out more than you intended. It is the pale pink colour and consistency of strawberry yoghurt! It smells really lovely - very fruity and it actually reminded me a wee bit of Refreshers, the fizzy fruit sweets. The smell is mainly of pomegranate; I couldn't really detect any lemony scent.

As soon as I applied the product to my wet skin, it lathered up immediately. The lather was bright white, silky feeling - and there was lots of it. I was really impressed and can't think of a shower gel I've used recently that lathers up as well.

As soon as I rinsed it off, I did notice that my skin felt softer. I guess that's the NutriumMoisture doing its job! When I dried off, I was disappointed that the lovely scent had not remained on my skin, but it did feel soft and moisturised. When I used this in the evenings, my skin still felt soft the next morning.

I was impressed with this bodywash, and I would recommend it. However, being on a strict budget, I don't like to spend more than a £1 or so on items such as shower gels. £2 is a bit much for me to spend on a sole bottle of bodywash, but as long as this remains on discount I will be buying it.

Thanks for reading.