Dove Moisturising Cream

Dove Moisturising Cream

Soap Bar

Review of "Dove Moisturising Cream"

published 21/08/2002 | manunas22
Member since : 06/08/2002
Pro Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
Cons Does not last as long as other soaps

"Pure pleasure"

When it comes to a choice of a quick shower or a long hot soak in the bath, the bath wins every time. A busy mum and op reader'', this is MY time and I like as much pleasure as possible (dont even go there).

The product that gives me this pleasure is Dove Cream Bar (soap to you and I).

I found it just sitting on the shelf in Tesco crying "buy me", how could I refuse.

Price
-----

Now this product comes in three ways. You can buy them in packs of 4 for £1.75 or 2 for £0.89 or on their own for £0.49. They are alittle more expensive than other soaps. Compared to Cussons mild cream £0.99 for 4 or Camey Classic soap £1.35 for 4 you can see what I mean.

Packaging
---------

These come in a box. Yes, not your normal plasic wrap. Like all Dove products it has a very simple packaging, white and blue with a little gold. A fresh and appealing look. On the box you find the ingredients (far too long and dont understand), a whole host of telephone numbers you can contact them from different contries, a bar code and yes,the word Dove.

Size
----

Each bar is 100g and are a bit smaller than most 125g bars with the exception of Imperial Leather Original which are 200g.

Taste
-----

Sorry not tried and tested.

Appearance
----------

They are white oval bars with the word Dove written on it. They do look soft and creamy, almost good to eat (will update above if ever I get the urge).

Smell
-----

The aroma can be smelt even before you open the box. A soapy smell (you dont say), fresh and alittle dry. No hint of flowers for me.

O.k The Test
------------

After running my bath, I take my new little friend up to meet my body. After a 1/2 hour soak with my head phones on I decide it is time. I lather the soap in my hands (and boy does it lather), I start to rub it all over my body. It felt smooth and you could really feel the 1/4 moisturising cream it contains, pure pleasure. Worst nightmare then occurs, daughter is at the door "mum I'm hungry", so, pleasure over I start to rinse. No problem here comes off like a dream leaving my skin feeling soft and clean. Even the bath water feels soft (what planet am I on?).

Lasting Affects
---------------

Must say in general my skin does feel softer but the smell didn't seem to last more than 10mins after my bath.

Problems
--------

Only one I found is that if you have children who like playing ducks with your soap, this is not for you. If left in the bath it becomes a mush and does not last very long.

Dove also make, Dove extra sensitive cream bar for those of you with sensitive skin.

Would I buy it again? Already been out and got some more.

If for any reason you would like to contact Lever Faberge, Germany (makers of the soap), you can call free on 0800 085 1548 or write to them at Elida Faberge, Freepost, Admail 100, London SW1A 2XX.

Thanks for reading

• cgibson published 21/02/2003
    good op, I love anything to do with dove, soap, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, body wash, everything. I love it.
  • pagan published 14/01/2003
    I love Dove too! - Very good for shaving legs as the lather is very good (you need a razor too - it helps!!) I agree it does disintegrate a little too quickly!!
  • christina44 published 03/01/2003
    haven't tried this before as I usually dislike the soap scum ring round the bath,and prefer liquid bubble...but it sounds heavenly and luxurious. Good op. VH.chrissie