Review of "Dove Shampoo"

published 20/04/2013 | Absinthe_Fairy
Member since : 03/01/2011
Happy 2016!
Pro Gentle shampoo that softens hair
Cons Makes my hair a little TOO soft
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"Shampoo from Dove"

I normally use products from Lush, The Body Shop or Soap & Glory but bought a set of Dove miniatures for travel purposes. One of the products was the shampoo. This was the version for normal hair – I have dry hair but I don’t think Dove make miniatures of their dry hair shampoo.

Dove state that this shampoo contains a protecting serum to shield the hair fibre and protect it from damage, maintaining the hair’s natural balance without weighing it down. According to the Boots website, a 250ml bottle costs £2.65, which is pretty good value for money. The shampoo is meant to leave your hair protected, visibly healthy and beautiful. For best results you are meant to use it with the matching conditioner. All shampoos say this though and I don’t always bother – I have done so with this one though as I have the matching conditioner.

The shampoo bottle is white with the Dove logo and this miniature version has a pull-off lid. Inside, the shampoo is white and reasonably thick with a pleasant scent – I’m not sure if it is supposed to smell like anything in particular, it is just a fresh clean scent.

I wet my hair, squeeze a blob of the shampoo onto my hands, massage it into my hair and rinse it out – just like any other shampoo really. After use my hair feels clean and soft but I always follow with the matching conditioner as my hair is dry.

I really like this shampoo. It is gentle on my scalp and doesn’t irritate it. It makes my hair very soft too – impressive for a shampoo that is not particularly designed for dry hair. If anything my hair is slightly too soft – almost fluffy. It does look shiny and in good condition but it is slightly more difficult to style.
Overall I do think this is a good shampoo – I recommend it if you want a gentle shampoo that leaves hair soft and shiny.

• justarube published 22/05/2017
    VH x
  • crystalaward published 20/04/2013
    This doesn't clean my hair properly :(