Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion Normal to Dark Skin

Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion Normal to Dark Skin

Review of "Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion Normal to Dark Skin"

published 22/09/2017 | sophie342
Member since : 27/06/2015
Satisfactory
Pro Good moisturiser, Cheap
Cons Patchy, Sickly scent, Doesn't last very long
How does it affect your skin?
Staying Power
Does it smell good?
Water resistancy
How easily is it absorbed?

"Disappointing Results"

INTRODUCTION
I often like to use a little bit of fake tan during the summer months to give my skin a little bit of a glow as I can never really achieve the glow from sitting in the sun. With that being said, I actually prefer a tan which I can control so I go for the gradual tan products as I don't really trust myself with the other products and being able to gradually add to the tan when you feel it is needed is a plus. I chose the Dove Summer Glow in the shade normal to dark because of the fact that it also acted as a moisturiser as well as being a gradual tan product meaning I could moisturise my skin whilst providing it with a healthy looking glow, hopefully!

PRICE & AVAILABILITY
I haven't actually seen this product available in many stores, I picked this product up in Poundland on a random shop as it caught my eye. The other few shops where I have seen this product being sold are BodyCare, Boots and Superdrug. However, I'm not sure if Poundland still sell this product as I haven't seen it in my local store for a while so they may have stopped selling it or may have only had it in store for summer months. This product can also be bought online Fragrance Direct, Amazon and eBay. This product normally retails from between £2-£3 but I managed to get it for £1 in Poundland but like I stated I think that was due to the fact I purchased it during the summer months, Poundland don't normally stock products like this.

THE PRODUCT IN GENERAL
The Dove Summer Glow is a nourishing body lotion that contains a subtle gradual self-tanner which is meant to enhance your natural skin colour to provide your skin with a healthy looking glow. The lotion contains a deepcare complex which is made up of essential oils and natural skin nutrients to help to improve and moisturise skin. There are a few different types of shades of this product, these are; Fair to medium, normal to dark, and medium to dark.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Dihydroxyacetone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Glycol Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Stearamide Amp, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Squalane, Polysorbate 60, Erythrulose, PotatoStarch Modified, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Caramel, Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Disodium Edta, Parfum (Perfume), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Ci 16255, Ci 47005.

SCENT
The scent of tanning products is something that I have always disliked, and the scent seems to get worse the longer you have the tan on, it does tend to linger. With this product it is no different, it has a very rich sweet smell at first but that scent does tend to become quite sickly and not very nice.

HOW I USE THE PRODUCT
I normally use this product after getting out of the shower and exfoliating my skin. I apply the lotion to my skin once it has been patted dry and use small pea sized drops of it until I feel my skin has been covered. Then, I top the tan up if I feel that it is needed, every few days to try and prevent it from going patchy.

HOW I FOUND THE PRODUCT
I actually only used this product a handful of times because I did find that although I was applying it correctly it wasn't giving a very good coverage and often did leave my skin looking patchy which is something that you don't want. The most beneficial part of this lotion is how good of a moisturiser it is! The lotion did a really good job of hydrating my skin and made it feel soft and smooth, as well as this it also absorbed into my skin quite quickly which is another plus. But, in terms of the gradual tan it didn't really work for me and I gave up on using it after a few tries as it just wasn't cutting it. Another thing is that it did come off really easily in the shower, more easily than most other tanning products, this was actually a benefit for me because I wanted to get it off anyway due to how patchy it looked but if I was happy with the result I wouldn't want it to come off my skin as easily as it did.

• ryeb published 28/09/2017
    Covers all I need to know .
  • jonesy15 published 27/09/2017
    vh
  • jb0077 published 27/09/2017
    E.

offers "Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion Normal to Dark Skin"