Dove Triple Moisturising Body Wash

Dove Triple Moisturising Body Wash

Shower Gel / Body Scrub

Review of "Dove Triple Moisturising Body Wash"

published 04/05/2009 | CherryVegas
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Moisturises really well
Cons The scent
Does it smell good?

"Triple Moisturey Goodness!"

I've never bought any Dove products before, just because I don't like the scent of their soap and 'original' scented products, but when I asked my mother to get me some moisturising shower gel or body wash on a recent trip into town, this is what she came back with. She'd bought it because it was on offer in Boots, down from £2.95 to £1.49 for a 400ml bottle, and she never can resist a bargain.

It comes in a large white bottle which gets thinner towards the top, with a flip lid that has a stripe of dark blue down the middle of it. The lid fastens very tightly and I find it can be quite difficult to open, especially in the shower when my hands are wet. On the bottle it says that this body wash is made to indulge your skin in 3 ways: first it gently cleanses while the rich Dove ¼ moisturising cream smoothes and softens, then it keeps that moisture locked into the skin, and finally it helps the skin maintain it's natural moisture and softness. It also says you should use it every day, not just occasionally.

When you first open the bottle you can smell that usual Dove soap smell, creamy but highly scented and slightly floral. The body wash has a very thick, creamy texture, much thicker than any shower gel or body wash I'd used previously, which does make it seem like it might be really moisturising. When I lather it up with my shower puff it makes a smooth creamy lather rather than loads of bubbles, and it glides softly over the skin making it feel really clean and smooth.

As I'm using it the scent seems to get more heavy and floral but it's not as strong as it was just sniffing it from the bottle. As I use it, it does feel very moisturising to my skin and it feels like it's doing a good job. My skin feels instantly hydrated, softer and smoother, and the feeling stays with me after I've washed it off.

I could tell it had made my skin exceptionally smooth because the towel I was using to dry myself glided smoothly over my skin instead of dragging like it usually does. Even once I've dried my skin it feels much softer than usual and the dry skin that I always get on my arms and legs is not as obvious. My skin stays feeling fresh, soft and hydrated until my next shower.

Overall I'm really pleased with this, I still don't like the scent, but it's really good at keeping my skin moisturised so I'm willing to put up with it, and I think I may even go as far as to try out more of Dove's products in the future.

• blackmagicstar4 published 05/05/2009
    I use this too and love it! well reviewed x
  • mumsymary published 05/05/2009
    I have some of this it was part of a gift pack
  • obscuredbykep published 04/05/2009
    Other than the scent, it does sound pretty good!