Pages: 560, Paperback, Vermilion

Review of "Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution: The No-hunger, Luxurious Weight Loss Plan That Really Works! - Robert C. Atkins"

published 09/12/2009 | Blister123
Member since : 09/12/2009
Pro If adhered to strictly does give good weight loss
Cons Nasty taste in your mouth is only down side
Degree of Information
How easy was it to read / get information from
How interesting was the book?
How useful was it?
Would you read it again?

"A change of lifestyle"

I am forever a critic of diets as I feel that a lot of these are just fads and are not healthy to maintain for any length of time. I took this new diet on board after doing my homework and reading many articles both good and bad and decided that I would put this to the test. At first this is quite a strange diet and difficult to fit around a busy working schedule as everyone's staple food of cereal and sandwiches if a total no no!
You start the first couple of weeks very strictly basically barring all but a small quota of carbohydrates from your diet. What I have to say is that if you stick to this strictly you really do not feel at all hungry at any time if anything it slightly puts you off. After the first two weeks you can start introducing some carbs back in but very slowly. I have to say I lost over a stone within 4 weeks and up to yet (6 months down the line) I have kept this off. One thing that I had problems with was introducing the carbs back into my diet and still to this day cannot stomach either bread or pasta as it bloats my stomach and I feel uncomfortable. It really does make you re-assess your whole diet and why you are eating what you are eating. Long term you can keep an eye on the carbs in your diet as you become quite an expert on this and it really does open your eyes to additives/man made aspects of your food. Well worth a try!!