Review of "Dr. Beckmann Rescue"

published 15/09/2003 | Happymama
Member since : 14/01/2003
Pro Cleans ovens and leaves your nasal linings intact
Cons none
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Fume friendly superspray"

I've a stainless steel fan oven, and have battled for months with caustic cleaners trying to clean something that I can't scrub with wire wool - and with not a lot of success.
Along came Dr Beckmann Rescue Active Gel Oven Cleaner.
Spray this white, neutral-smelling spray onto your oven sides and watch the dirt just drop off. I was absolutely amazed at how easily this product cut through the dirt and grease, carbon and all. The instructions say that It may be used on a hot or cold oven, having tried both it works best on 50oC warm ovens, so I have a fatty joint or chops - or chicken, the best thing for spraying fat all over a fan oven - and then apply the cleaner.
Because it's not caustic, you don't need to open all the windows, put the dog out etc, you can use paper towels and your bare hands to remove this stuff, with no nasty after affects at all. The 375 ml trigger pack will last for months, used once a week, and also cleans my very carbonised griddle very well too, I've found. You can't use this on self-cleaning ovens, or on lacquered surfaces, but on everything else, it beats it's competitors hands down.
I'm never going to buy any other oven cleaner again. It's available from your local supermarket, so sling some in your trolley the next time you are out.

• muppetlady published 19/09/2003
    I use this and it is brilliant, don't know what to use on the back panel where the fan is, i think it's self clean, but they never do.
  • Protagonist published 15/09/2003
    Just what I need right now. Good op.
  • herby30 published 15/09/2003
    Sounds good, just what I need. It would be good to know where I could buy and how much it costs approx. Take care Heather:)