Dr. Beckmann Rescue

Dr. Beckmann Rescue

Kitchen Cleaner

Review of "Dr. Beckmann Rescue"

published 15/09/2012 | carlz2001
Member since : 21/11/2009
Feeling a little happier with the site. Maybe my DIAMOND had something to do with it?! : )
Pro Great price, effective, nozzle spray, gel formula
Cons None for me
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Dr Beckmann your oven for sparkling results!"

This week I've had that horrible task that everyone dreads of cleaning the oven. I have to clean the oven every couple of months, despite giving it a wipe round after every couple of uses, and I often change the product that I use to do the job. I have found up until this point that the Oven Pride range was the best on the market, but it's one of those products that I hate paying full price for in the supermarket and if it's not for sale in Home Bargains, then I will buy an alternative. On my last visit, they didn't have the Oven Pride cleaner available so I decided to buy the Dr Beckmann Oven Cleaner. I hadn't previously used the brand but had heard of it, and my impressions were that of a high quality brand.

Bottle:
The spray bottle of this particular product is a plus point for me. The oven pride range was a pour bottle which although you wear gloves with them, I would often catch some on my arm and my skin would instantly burn. I find that spraying the product into the oven, avoids this when applying the product. This product is an irritant so you do still have to be really careful with it.

Directions for use:
Perfect for built up oven grease and dirt, you simply need to give the bottle a quick shake, turn the nozzle to the on position and spray the gel onto the oven and pay particular attention to any built up areas. The gel gets to work instantly by breaking down the grease and so only needs to be left on for around half an hour to an hour, although if the oven is really really bad you can leave it for up to 24 hours. I would recommend if it is particularly bad, that you apply the gel just before bed and then in the morning the oven should be pristine after you have removed the gel using hot soapy water and a small amount of elbow grease. The 375ml bottle should last you quite a few applications, making it good value for money, although this will obviously depend on the size of your oven and the extent of the grease.

My own recommendations:
As I mentioned before, I would recommend that you apply the gel the night before and then you can clean away the product in the morning for better results. I would also recommend that after you have cleaned the oven, you turn the oven onto its highest setting and leave it on for about an hour or two. This way you can be positive that any chemicals that you have missed will be burnt away in the heat and it should also get rid of any smell. You especially don't want your next meal to be tasting of Dr Beckmanns oven cleaner!

How does it work:
The gel clings to the surface of the oven and stays there, rather than dripping to the bottom of the oven. Once there is works to break down the grease and baked on food for a perfectly clean and sparkling oven (after a little bit of elbow grease too!).

Would I recommend it?
Absolutely. As I said, I'm not loyal to any particular brand, I just want a clean oven, but this does the job and it does it well. The trick is not to try and remove it too early or you just won't see the results and you will have wasted your time. An excellent product at a great price (around £3).

• nikkired published 17/09/2012
    Hate cleaning the oven! :(
  • dawnymarie published 16/09/2012
    I'll be needing some of this soon me thinks - thanks for reviewing x
  • MikeOCarroll published 15/09/2012
    Congrats on turning bronze!