Dr. Oetker Ristorante Mozzarella Pizza

Dr. Oetker Ristorante Mozzarella Pizza

Review of "Dr. Oetker Ristorante Mozzarella Pizza"

published 20/07/2010 | kayleaf
Member since : 26/03/2009
Good
Pro fresh, cheese flavour, nice smell whilst cooking
Cons quite pricey, high in fat
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Oh, Cheesy!"

I'm usually not a fan of thin crust pizza's but on a recent shop to Sainsbury's found the Dr. Oetker were on a half price offer and as pizza is one of those 'quick to do' foods I picked up a couple as I seem to be getting too tired to cook real food. I chose the thin crust because of the offer and because I usually associate them with a lower in fat/healthier option (although, it's not always the case!)

Dr. Oetker

Dr Oetker has been producing a range of foods from their headquarters in Bielefield, North Germany since 1893. They are regarded as one of the leading companies in German food manufactuing. They supply supermarkets with food in the following ranges:

*Chilled and Frozen Desserts - Fruit Deli, Fruit Mousse and Paula which is described as being a new and unique dessert for children.

*A range of Home Baking ingriedients - I've bought quite a few from this range as they seem to be everywhere.

*Onken Yoghurts

*Pizza and Pizza Snacks - Obviously these I have tried!

Ristorante Mozzarella Pizza

As this was on offer for 50% off I didn't think it was a bad buy however in Sainsbury's this usually retails at £2.58. Cheese pizza's are usually my choice because I'm quite fussy and you can't really go wrong with mozzarella if you enjoy it! For a thin crust pizza this was actually quite tasty and had a nice, rich cheesy topping. Sometimes I find with the thin and crispy pizza range that their isn't much topping and it burns quickly but I didn't have a problem with this one.

I found the taste a lot richer than I have done with most other cheese pizza's, the mozzarella still had that creamy, stringy texture and the tomato base was much nicer than the purree stuff. It actually tasted of tomatoes! I think the pizza itself looks quite nice with the cheese melting into the tomato sauce and as it was a thin base pizza it was easy to cut and serve.

I could smell that yummy pizza sauce smell as the pizza was cooking and that remained as it was being served. The basil didn't come across too strong either which I liked because I'm not a great fan of too much basil. Overall I would say this pizza is alot better quality than most other pizza's, especially the supermarkets own brands because it has a more natural and 'real' food taste. However I am not fully convinced that I would buy this unless it was on offer as I think £2.60 is a bit much for a medium sized pizza. I also found that, as I was sharing this, it wasn't enough to fill me up for very long but I think this is more to do with the pizza being thin crust than anything else.

Nutrionional Information

1/2 Pizza* contains calories 441 22%, sugars 3.0g 3%, fat 22.8g 33%, saturates 7.9g 40%, sodium 0.8g 33%. Based on the RDA of an adult.

Ingredients

Wheat Flour, 26% Chopped Tomatoes, 21% Firmed Mozzarella Cheese, Water, Vegetable Oil, Edam Cheese, Vegetable Fat, Yeast, Iodised Salt, Basil, Sugar, Spinach, Parsley, Modified Starch, Garlic, Lemon Juice, Hydrolysed Soya Protein, Yeast Extract, Cayenne Pepper, Caramelised Sugar, Dextrose, Onion Powder, Carrot Powder, Pepper, Acid (Lactic Acid), Maltodextrin, Lactose.

I wouldn't say this is a particularly healthy pizza, like I previously thought most thin pizza's were, as it has quite a high percentage of saturated fat and salt and for half a pizza I think that is quite a high calorie count for something that doesn't really fill you up for very long.
The taste is quite nice but the nutrional information is something that would make me think twice considering the price.

• RICHADA published 17/08/2010
    These are the only shop bought pizzas that we have here. R.
  • pgn0 published 07/08/2010
    I have a sneaking suspicion the thin pizza varieties, sold in boxes of 2 or three deep-frozen, by Lidl are these in disguise...
  • theguester published 22/07/2010