coolchant... 5

coolchanty

Member since:31.07.2001

Paying the price for a great Pizza

04.06.2003

Advantages:
tasty, filling, big

Disadvantages:
expensive, fattening, not good for the diet

Product Quality

Taste

SmellVery nice

Packaging

30 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. rusticgirl
  2. charliekermit
  3. mjthebabe
  1. chilledmonkeybrains
somewhat helpful by (2%):
  1. seuss

After just eating one and having had it serveral times now I want to put my review to the test.

This Pizza was first advertised oin T.v about a year ago and I kept looking out for it all the time and could never spot it in our local supermarket.

Anyway I waited and waited and eventually they began stocking it. They also had it on offer in Tesco. It was 2 for £3 and normally it is £2.50 for one so thought gotta try it. They do two types. They do a classic which is pepperoni, mozzarealla and tomato and they do one called Pizza Pollo. This is chicken, spinach, and mozzarella.
Personally I prefer the chicken one. I feel it is more unique and just tastes delicious.

All his pizzas are thin and crispy and some people may not like this. I know some people prefer deep pan pizzas. if that is the case then this is not for you.

I am also pretty sure that Iceland sell them. Other than that I am not sure as I only ever shop at Tesco and Iceland. Iceland also had a deal on them of 2 for £3 although I am not sure if that is still an offer now as I got these from Tesco.

Anyway onto the product.

As with many pizzas it is best cooked from frozen and in the over. It will say on the instructions on the box but I will let you know anyway. It normally takes about 15 minutes in a pre heated fan assisted over at 200 degrees c. As with all products you may need to adjust the cooking time slightly to suit your oven.

In my opinion both these pizzas are better than any other as I feel they both have a more unique taste than to others of a similar kind i.e Mc Cain, San Marco, stores own pizzas.

I would say they have got to be 9 inches in diameter and even though they are thin could probably fill a hungry person with a big belly like me. If you are not that hungry you can probably get away with sharing it with someone. You may need something to go with it if you are sharing it. Depends on your apetite, I would say.

I would say these pizzas are expensive than most others but they taste so much better. If they were not on offer I don't think it would alter my opinion because I love the taste.

The classic is a bit like a pepperoni pizza but has a much better taste than that of another make. It has more flavour to it and I can tell they have put herbs on it too.

I was asked next time I write a food review not to include the ingredients. So I will take his advice and leave this out.

They don't carry much nutritional value for the cost but they just cannot be missed in my view and I am supposed to be dieting. Ha ha. I am sure though as long as you don't over do it on pizza and say just had one once a week I am sure this would not harm you in anyway.

Anyway the nutrtional information follows:-

(This applies to the Pollo variety).

And guess what there is no nutritional information shown unfortunately. Damm. I have to guess now. I can't do that. It is too hard I am affraid.

If it wasn't foreign it would most likely have it you know.

That is one thing I cannot stand about foreign foods. They never have any nutrtional information on the items. What a pain.

Well that's it for you guys then. I do recomend if you haven't tried them and you love pizza to look out for them. As I said they can definately be brought in Tesco and I pretty sure in Iceland. Not sure about other supermarkets.

They will be in the frozen pizza section and you cannot miss them aa Ristorante is written in black bold right accross the middle of the box.

Anyway thanks for the read and happy eating.

Chantal

charliekermit 22.01.2006 13:26

yummy love thin pizzas..

Cowboy22 16.06.2003 23:19

Never tried this pizza before.

AlexW 15.06.2003 22:09

These sound really yummy, might have a looksie for them tmrw when I do the shopping :)