Review of "Dr. Organic Tea Tree Antiseptic Cream"

published 28/08/2015 | Coconutsugar
Member since : 21/02/2015
Pro Affordable, effective
Cons None for me.
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Effective spot cream"

I was given this anti septic tea tree cream some time ago now from a friend and I recently dug it out from one of my drawers when I was trying to get rid of some spots as I'd had a major break-out and nothing else seemed to be working.

I am not sure how much my friend paid for it but looking on the Holland and Barrett website I can see that the current price for a 50ml tube of it is £5.99. I think is a fairly reasonable price, I would certainly be willing to pay this price as it is an effective product however it is also worth noting that Holland and Barrett often have offers on Dr Organic products.

The picture on the Holland and Barrett website shows the tube in a box however my tube as I said was given to me and didn't come in any sort of packaging. The tube is white with some green colouring on some parts of it and it looks quite basic. I wouldn't say it looks medicinal but it doesn't look like a beauty product in my opinion.

On the front of the tube it says that the cream is antiseptic, cleansing and soothing. On the back of the tube it has a list of the ingredients which are natural, it is also free from parabens, SLS and doesn't have any harsh colours, fragrances or preservatives. The tube has got a flip-top lid, with a little hole where the cream comes out when the tube is squeezed.

The tube is very easy to squeeze and the product comes out easily. The cream is very thick and it is white in colour, it smells very stir got of tea tree oil. I only need a little bit when I use it excuses too much can make my skin feel almost like it is burning and only a little is needed for it to be effective anyway. I apply this at night so it can work over night.

I apply it to the spots and rub it in slightly but not completely. It doesn't feel greasy or heavy on my skin. If I rub it completely in there is no greasiness or white residue. I can feel it working when I apply it as it has a cooling and slight burning sensation which is not uncomfortable.

I have only used this cream for my most recent, fairly severe break out, and I'm very impressed because I tried 2 other spot creams and also pure tea tree oil none of which helped and just seemed to make the spots look sore, whereas within a day of applying this there was less redness and my skin was beginning to dry up and heal.

After a few days the spots aren't red and sore looking anymore and are almost gone, I've just applied some more of this cream and I'm confident my skin will be healed by the end of the week. I'm very impressed with this cream.

• Secre published 01/09/2015
    Good to know it works!
  • ryeb published 30/08/2015
    VH
  • KateHurst published 30/08/2015
    Sounds like this has got the ingredients in just the right balance.