Review of "Dr Pepper"

published 09/08/2015 | CoffeeQueen68
Member since : 08/01/2014
Pro Lovely taste and smells nice too.
Cons None.
Packaging Design
Taste / Flavour

"I'm sending Dr Pepper round."

Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper

It's been a long time since I've had Dr Pepper. But now I'm drinking more cold drinks in this hot weather, I decided to try something different for a change. I remember liking this drink ages ago, so decided to by myself a few cans.

A little bit of history
Dr Pepper has been around since 1885 where it was created in Waco, Texas by a man called Charles Alderton, who was a pharmacist. The drug store he worked in was run by a man called Wade Morrison. And it is said that the Dr Pepper name came from the father of a young girl he was once in love with. (This information is on the Dr Pepper website).
Price and Packaging

When I was in Poundland the other day I noticed that they had 4 cans of Dr Pepper for sale for just £1, so I decided to pick myself up a pack. I thought 4 cans for a quid is cheap! There were 4 x 330 ml cans in the pack. The cans are predominantly a dark red in colour with the Dr Pepper name written across the middle of the can. On the tin can you will find the nutritional information, ingredients, contact details and a little bit of information about the drink. There is a ring pull on the top of the can which can easily be opened.
The Drink

On opening the can the drink has quite a strong, fruity aroma to it. It does have a sweet smell to it, but I find the smell quite nice and pleasant. On the can it tells you that is is a sparkling fruit flavoured soft drink with sugar and sweeteners. The fizzy drink is very dark in colour, very much like dark brown. This drink is best served chilled so keep it in the fridge for a while before consuming. You can also get a diet Dr Pepper, although I've never tried this version. You can also get a cherry Dr Pepper, a vanilla one and a caffeine free one.

How does it taste?
It does have quite a strong taste to it, and you can definitely get the fruity taste come through. I do like the taste of this though. I'm not sure exactly what fruits it tastes of, but although it is quite a strong drink, the taste is quite soft and not too potent. I don't find that once drunk the taste lingers either.
Nutritional Information (per 20 fl oz)
  • Calories - 250
  • Fat - 0g
  • Sodium - 100 mg
  • Carbohydrates - 66g
  • Sugars - 64g
  • Protein - 0g
My Thoughts

This is a nice drink. As I briefly mentioned earlier, this has been around a very long time and it seems just as popular today as it always has been. I've always enjoyed drinking this.

www.drpepper.com

• olvfrncsc published 24/12/2016
    VH :)
  • olvfrncsc published 24/12/2016
    VH :)
  • stacey2911 published 12/09/2015
    Vh my favourite soft drink